DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a shifter knob from a 300M fit on my `01 Intrepid SE? I don't have the Autostick tranny like the 300M. I went to a Chrysler dealer the other day and asked him how much they were. He said around 55 bucks! He also thinks that it wouldn't fit my ride. I think he is wrong but I thought I would ask you guys.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
joekd said:
be sure you are getting the correct one

the "base" 300M gets the same shifter as the Intrepid ES, the much desired chrome 300M shiftknob was only on the luxury packge
And there's only one place you can get the chrome shifter from....

the dealer will just send you the regular leather wrapped one.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My stepfather has a 300M with the leather/chrome knob and I don't think he has the luxury model because he doesn't have the EVIC like the luxury models have. He has the OTIS. What do you mean there is only one place I can get the shift knob?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Intrepid99, where did you get your 300M shifter?

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Motopsycho said:
My stepfather has a 300M with the leather/chrome knob and I don't think he has the luxury model because he doesn't have the EVIC like the luxury models have. He has the OTIS. What do you mean there is only one place I can get the shift knob?
They no longer make the chrome shifter and sold out a long time ago. Beleive me, I had called at least 30 dealers around the country looking for one. I even had ordered 3 from 3 different dealers, and each time, I only got the leather wrapped one.

Here's the instructions on how to get one:

http://66.78.5.249/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2469

It's not cheap, but THAT IS THE ONLY PLACE YOU CAN GET ONE!

They do not get them from Chrysler, they are still having them made by another company. They are exact replicas, and very high quality. He sells them to other car clubs around the country (Prowler, Viper, etc...)

Good Luck!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. Hmmm...I wonder if I can bribe my stepfather into a trade. His 300M is only a company car anyways...hmmmm

·
Registered
187 Posts
One other place to try!

May want to call your local wreck yards. I am sure there are a few out there.

sURFN

1 - 10 of 10 Posts