DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, need the BCM, the skim/lock cylinder and the keys
I'm thinking I want to strip all the goodies out of this car(bcm, wire harnesses, etc.) can the dealer make me skim keys? this yard I pull from typically has they key on a wire rope but this car does not have the key. atleast I don't think so, ill see tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
16,613 Posts
yeah, need the BCM, the skim/lock cylinder and the keys
I know nothing about SKIM other than what I've read, but I thought that those who do know have said that you wouldn't need to replace the BCM. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.

EDIT:
I searched and read threads on this, and am now confused about whether you need the BCM or not. If you get the BCM, you should be covered either way.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
I'm thinking I want to strip all the goodies out of this car(bcm, wire harnesses, etc.) can the dealer make me skim keys? this yard I pull from typically has they key on a wire rope but this car does not have the key. atleast I don't think so, ill see tomorrow.
depends on the dealer I think. Might be a :worms:

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
/begin rant
Be it far from me to be offensive but $100 for 5 HP?

Was it really worth it?
Does it set you back in your seat a little like a 440-six pack or a 426 hemi?

Like Richard Rawlings would say "Git you some of that!".
Sorry, been watching too much Gas Monkey Garage
and driving this new-to-me dodge ram v8 5.7 (right near 340ci)

I'm tired of these little 245HP v-sixes.
I want a fracking big v8 with 600 horsepower!!
The challengers have to be 10 years old now.
It's time to start flippin' challengers.
Hell, even a base model 3.6 challenger has 305HP
or something like that.
/end rant

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
The special PCM has some really nice transmission tuning, which I found to be the biggest difference when swapping to one.

And I agree on the power front, I enjoy my 300HP Turbo strait-six :grinfawk:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the ford v6 police interceptor out-ran the chevy & dodge v8 police interceptors.

my v8 truck gets HORRIBLE mileage too. yea some more power but it weighs close to 2x what my Chrysler weighs. so it all boils down to power to weight ratio.

this is why model-T's only had 20 some-odd HP, they only weighed a few hundred pounds.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
/begin rant
Be it far from me to be offensive but $100 for 5 HP?

Was it really worth it?
Does it set you back in your seat a little like a 440-six pack or a 426 hemi?

Like Richard Rawlings would say "Git you some of that!".
Sorry, been watching too much Gas Monkey Garage
and driving this new-to-me dodge ram v8 5.7 (right near 340ci)

I'm tired of these little 245HP v-sixes.
I want a fracking big v8 with 600 horsepower!!
The challengers have to be 10 years old now.
It's time to start flippin' challengers.
Hell, even a base model 3.6 challenger has 305HP
or something like that.
/end rant
You have to remember that when doing a special PCM swap one normally does a 3.89 gears swap as well. This puts the speedo on as well as the extra power with better transmission tuning. Without it your speedo would be off 7% otherwise which is a pain in the butt to remember at different speeds. Honestly I noticed no power difference when I did the swap, but it made my life a little easier making everything work properly.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The dealer will flash the PCm to your vin meaning no gains; will just be a stock tune, so better to get your stuff and do it your self; and yes for an hr of labour as well. So I'm hunting for the goods aswell!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts