DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks, first of all I would like to say I have taken a lot of info and suggestions from this great site over the years but now I have a specific question that I hope some one can help me with.

I recently had an accident with my 03 intrepid and the insurance company has wrote it off. luckly no one was hurt but the car is a total loss.

I am thinking on buying a 300m special but I have a few questions...

I want to replace the 18" three season tires and rims with steel rims and snow tires for the winter. my question is will 16" rims fit over the calipers that the special has? also what size snow tire would I put on so it wouldn't throw out the spedo?

I also wanted to put a hitch on but the rear valance (ground effects kit) seems to hang lower than a regular 300m. I wonder if a regular hitch would clear this or would I need to get some custom work done on the hitch?

thanks for any info you guys can give me.

regards Greg

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
joedodge said:
hey folks, first of all I would like to say I have taken a lot of info and suggestions from this great site over the years but now I have a specific question that I hope some one can help me with.

I recently had an accident with my 03 intrepid and the insurance company has wrote it off. luckly no one was hurt but the car is a total loss.

I am thinking on buying a 300m special but I have a few questions...

I want to replace the 18" three season tires and rims with steel rims and snow tires for the winter. my question is will 16" rims fit over the calipers that the special has? also what size snow tire would I put on so it wouldn't throw out the spedo?
As long as you use the 225/60 R16 your speedometer will not be off.

I also wanted to put a hitch on but the rear valance (ground effects kit) seems to hang lower than a regular 300m. I wonder if a regular hitch would clear this or would I need to get some custom work done on the hitch?

thanks for any info you guys can give me.

regards Greg
What are you going to trailer with it?

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
joedodge said:
my question is will 16" rims fit over the calipers that the special has? also what size snow tire would I put on so it wouldn't throw out the spedo?
I am assuming the 300m special has the same brake rotors and calipers as the R/T so i would say you can fit 16's on it. (i hope because i plan on getting 16's for the winter sometime soon)

either way, good luck! if i hadnt found my 01 R/T i was prob gonna go for a special (too damn expensive for me right now)

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
The 16" wheels will fit fine.

225/60R16 is the size.

Rear Valence is lower.
Do not put a hitch on a special.
It is sacrilige.

·
Registered
407 Posts
On the trailer hitch; I changer the rear fascia to a Special to get the factory duals look. It's lower than the regular so the Chrysler hitch won't fit. I made a custom one with square tubing so that a 2" insert just clears the fascia, then rises 4" to the ball.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Like I said in my email to you:
rear facia is 2" lower than stock 300M/Intrepid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts