DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys had a quick question that only your 2nd gen knowledge can help. I picked up a 300m special steering rack because of the quicker steering ratio. But my question is that my trep has the speed porportinal steering, with the hanress and all. Do teh Special's not have this, are they just a standard quicker ration, with out the porportinal steering setup? Just windering if i should try and make my valve work on this rack or just use the special the way it is , any help would be great thanx

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it mounts and all that fun stuff the same, just need to know about that harness and what not

·
Woober Goobers!
50,349 Posts
I thought the Specials/PHP package had the speed proportional rack? Is there a solenoid with a connector on the "new" rack? The other possibility is that it's not a special rack and is from a regular 300m or some other model. Page 19-41 shows the solenoid in the online 2002 FSM that's floating around here. Also not sure that the rack you have has a tighter lock to lock ratio. The addition of the solenoid only firms up the steering feel at highway speeds and makes for less effort in parking lot steering speeds. I'd bet the lock to lock ratio is the same. But I'm not an expert in this and someone who is could always lend their knowledge.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the rack i got i got from a member on this site and he said it was a special rack. haha special rack lol. But, it dosen't have a proportinal solenoid. As in theer is no harness to plug anything into , just an in and out on the rack. So i was trying to find out if the Special's had just a regular rack that is a quicker ration over-all and without the proportinal valve to provide a better road feel or do they have the proporitnal valve?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts