DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can only find sway bar bushings for 1.00" and 1.06" sway bars. Mine is 1.15"

Any ideas? I checked rockauto and advance.

·
Premium Member
17,326 Posts
That's all aftermarket offers.

Is your actual sway bar 1.15"? If the 1-1/16" bushings won't compress down, you'll have to drill them out.

Are the correct OEM ones still available? I heard they're even subsitituing the wrong sizes for those now.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1.152 was my caliper reading... I don't think they are really that bad yet but I'm changing struts and would like to get them while I've got everything apart.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since I hate it when people don't post their work-around to problems like this one once they figure it out I will post mine with the intent it will help someone down the road.

I bought the 1.06" Monroe brand bushings ($18.99) from Advance Auto Parts. Picked up in store after buying online using a discount to get 3 over-sized oil filters for basically free with the purchase.

I stuck one side on so far and it seems to work just fine.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,016 Posts
Did you use any grease on the bar/bushing? If so what type was it?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, should I have? I've got a grease gun handy.

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
a silicon type lube is best for this,, wont eat polly or rubber

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, thanks

·
Woober Goobers!
51,016 Posts
That's what I heard/read. A silicone based or synthetic grease. Something like the "Super Lube" brand that you can get at Ace. I also think the auto parts stores have small packets of that stuff on the counter along with the packets of anti-seize compound, etc.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what I heard/read. A silicone based or synthetic grease. Something like the "Super Lube" brand that you can get at Ace. I also think the auto parts stores have small packets of that stuff on the counter along with the packets of anti-seize compound, etc.
Yeah, I will pick some up. I already put the one side back together so it likely wont get it.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I couldn't find any synthetic stuff so I just used white lithium grease that the parts guy suggested. He seemed to know his stuff so I went with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts