DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi yall! So, I searched the how-to section to no avail...How the heck do you remove the chrome window trim on the outside of the driver door, or any of the doors for that matter, for replacement? Mine has a spot that is chewed up from where someone broke in before I owned it and I would like to swap it for an un-chewed one. Any help would be great, even if it is to direct me to a how-to that I may have missed some how. Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
remove door panel and many many screws.

fronts are easy, rears require glass removal for reinstallation (or scott geary's modified install - IS300M )

On Sat night about 5 guys swapped out all 4 trims from Timbo's 300M in the Hotel parking lot in about 1 hour...pretty wild

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So remove the inner door panel? Thankfully I only need to do the drivers door, but where exactly are these screws?

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
On Sat night about 5 guys swapped out all 4 trims from Timbo's 300M in the Hotel parking lot in about 1 hour...pretty wild
One guy on each door with the spare guy pouring beers? :hit1:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Come on, I know plenty of people have done this...

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I've been doing it at junkyards lately. It's about 5 mins per door panel to remove the trim. Not bad at all, and you do NOT need to take the window off of the track to remove OR reinstall, but you DO need them in the down position.

If you roll the rear window down, remove the rubber trim and lean on the window a bit, you can get the screwdriver in to take out the PITA screw below the top of the rear window. It's really not that bad. The screws along the bottom of the trim are more difficult and they tend to rust in place. Pulled the trim out without even loosening them by wiggling it a bunch until it just slid up.

Did my LHS with help from Cokey in about an hour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts