DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I saw this 300M for sale today at lunch so I decided to stop and take a look.

and I really got interested when I saw that it this as the price on the window

then reality set in as the car is a 2000 with 128,000 miles and the driver side door does not work from the inside.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,349 Posts
The door could probably be fixed pretty easily and cheaply. If they'd go down a little more on the price...I'd buy it even with $128k!!

Reactions: r0meo021

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
That door probably just needs a new handle. Someone got too rough with it and snapped it. It happens so much that chrysler has a repair for it.

--Gorm

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
I love the color, and you should be able to pick it up tomarrow :) lol

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an extra door handle at the house from my chrome upgrade that I could use to fix the door. I am seriously considering getting this for my son if he gets his license. He really wants a "old school" car (80's Regal, Caprice, etc.) But I told him at this price and for a car this nice he can get this with my money or get a "old school" with his own money.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
HEHE ...father of the year strikes again. Cool car carlos. Nice rims, as a di.net memeber u surely know no problem is too hard to fix LOL....

i would get it. Plus ur son can add the hid headlights to it... and other 300m specific mods.

Good luck

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
I would go for it Carlos....That's a pretty kick ass car for his first car. Should last him a while, maybe even through college. Plus the issues that you said the car has now, are really minor and should be a quick fix. I hope you go through with it. Good Luck.

Dave :evilking:

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
yea it looks like to good of a deal to pass up,, id snap it up in a heart beat

Reactions: r0meo021

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I don't want to be a party pooper, but myself and some friends of mine have all had a practice car. My example being that I had a 92 Mercury Topaz and smashed it up a little. Wasn't worth fixing and I got a new car. I value my new car, the Intrepid, much more than I ever though I could value a car. Just know that the chances of body work are going to be high.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
95Intrepisize said:
I don't want to be a party pooper, but myself and some friends of mine have all had a practice car. My example being that I had a 92 Mercury Topaz and smashed it up a little. Wasn't worth fixing and I got a new car. I value my new car, the Intrepid, much more than I ever though I could value a car. Just know that the chances of body work are going to be high.
Good Point! I think I would be hard to deal with after the first ding in this ride.....LOL

·
Woober Goobers!
50,349 Posts
Keith...what's the phone # of that dealer?.......J/K!!!!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
If you get it, and your son dosn't want it, you can give it to me :biggrin:

Seriously, for that price, I'd buy it (even though I have no money or space). 128K isn't that bad in mileage either. There was a 1996 BASE Intrepid with 137K for sale for $5,000. I'm sure your son would really like a nice safe, luxurious, reliable and fast 300M. Unless if he enjoys spending all night working on those damned GM Quadra jet carbs and all the other faults of a 20ish year old car (been there, done that MANY times).

Hmmmm...were is it located, maybe I should trade the trep' and Acclaim in for it straight up :grinno:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'd make sure the 100k check has been done on it just to be safe. I'd also check for that notorious dash crack problem some M's have.

The car looks real nice. I love that color.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I wish my first car was a 300M....well, my first car got stolen, so maybe not. O well, I would do it, but like 95 said, the risks are a little bit higher...O well , you could always get it for the DOORPANELS!:D

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Get it boy, and tell your son to SHUT THE HECK UP about that damn gangsta regal and caprice... unless he wants to be pulled over and searched every weekend. If he drives the M, he will have more respect from the police. Also the chance of the M dying is less than the chance of the buick or caprice dying. To get a decent car of that type, you have to pay just as much as the price on that 300M's window, and then the book value is STILL only about 500$.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The M IS my first car. I got it two and a half years ago just about when I was 17. I find I respect vehicles more now than I did then because I understand the beauty of my own and the payoff of hard work going into it.

·
Registered
715 Posts
i will admit, when i was 16 or 17 my dad got his Trep, and i wont lie, i did enjoy that car alittle too much. I never really raced it, but i toped it out a few time. Were as i have never been over 100mph in my car. I was glad i got to drive a 86 Cutlus Ceria which was my first car. I probably would have beat on that alot more if it had more power. I used all of the 84hp in that car all the time.

[Highjacking thread]

I loved that my Dad allowed me to drive his Trep. But dont think i didnt appareate driving it either, i would wash it for him atleast once a week. And when i got to take it to school. i would park so i would take up 4 parking spaces. LOL So of course it wouldnt get any door dings. This was all good(as in trying to keep it really nice looking) Until my sister became of age, and Thats when she rear-ended a guy with her rear bumper (in her defense she is 4' 10") and backing up is hard enough in these cars. She also put in a few other dents in it. (but its still running strong, 2.7 @ 150k on it)

[/End Highjacking Thread]

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Keith,

Buy this one for your son and save $2500, 1994 LHS with only 42K

and I will drive it back to you and go see my Dad in Dalton Ga.

Show him the car could easily go from this:

to this:

Charles

1 - 20 of 31 Posts