DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 484 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it has begun! I picked up the 4.0L crank and my block from the machine shop on Friday. More pics and information will follow as the build progress. In the meantime here is just a taste.

Piston

That's all for now but stay tune same channel for further updates.

P.S. I need to give a shout out to Daytrepper (Dan) for selling me the core. By the way the #4 rod bearing was lapped, a couple of the lobes on the cams we wiped and several other bearing were right behind the #4

·
yippee ki yay
5,811 Posts
Except you'll probably watch it during the day, and on nights other than Monday... Right?
lol.....Well that's why when typing this I'm looking at a TV screen next to the monitor....so I guess there's not need to miss anything....especally a 4.0 stroker build :highfive:

·
Registered
140 Posts
This should be pretty easy I looked into doing the 4.0L reciprocating assembly when I built my 3.5 with 4.0L cams. Good luck, I;m still waiting for chrysler 4663870 to get off of back order, been on back order since January so needless to say my 300 sits.....

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
looking forward to see how this turns out.subscribed!:smiling:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got another big box of parts last night but I was missing the rod bearings (long story). So, while I am patiently waitng for rod bearings to assembly the short block(yeah right), I could not wait so, I installed the 4.0L crank into the 3.5L block and behold the very first LH based 4.0L stroker is born! So, here are the baby pictures:

Stay tuned for more on Dmondeac 4.0!

·
yippee ki yay
5,811 Posts
I got another big box of parts last night but I was missing the rod bearings (long story). So, while I am patiently waitng for rod bearings to assembly the short block(yeah right), I could not wait so, I installed the 4.0L crank into the 3.5L block and behold the very first LH based 4.0L stroker is born! So, here are the baby pictures:

Stay tuned for more on Dmondeac 4.0!
very nice.........:beer1:

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

1 - 20 of 484 Posts