DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 8 gauge wiring kit which i took out of my SE when it got wreck, but Since i'm going to install the same amp into my ES I'm going to go with the 4 gauge wiring.... I've been looking at Best buy and others placed and the prices is really high (too much than i'm willing to pay). does anyone know where i can get a 4 gauge kit for under $35? besides ebay!!!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Hate to be the bearer of bad news... but the cheapest kit i've found is a 8 gauge for like 60 bucks. Maybe i'm looking in the wrong places, but I would suggest you look for a quality kit with all the ties, rings, fuses, etc. I've seen some crappy kits on ebay, for around the price you are asking, and they are simply sets that the seller put together themselves. For example, he has a power cable in a package, then some terminals, etc. Not an entire kit. Just steer clear of those. I would only trust StreetWires or Rockford Fosgate with my wiring. Thats just me talkin, though. Hope this helps.

Josiah

·
Registered
202 Posts
I Don't know if they are available anywhere near you, and they are kind of hard to find online but Metra makes a line of products called Raptor . It's an inexpensive alternative to their Tsunami line. I sell it at the Radioshack store where i work as well as the regular Metra install kits and such. The 8 gauge kits run just under 20 the basic 4 gauge kit which includes everything for a single amp is about 25, and the multi-amp 4 gauge install kit is about 45. I've used the 4 gauge and 1/0 in my car and i love the stuff. i know the RCA's and things aren't quite up to the tsunami levels, but it actually wouldn't suprise me if the power wire isn't identical to the basic tsunami stuff and a hell of a lot cheaper too.
Check out the website :
http://www.raptor-online.com

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yeah thats why i figured they'll be hard to find. none of the corporate stores sell anything but monster cable stuff. Only the independent franchises can sell the metra stuff. we also sell pioneer car audio and we have the option to start carrying kenwood if we choose to. Honestly tho i don't think there are that many radioshack dealers that carry the stuff. I think i'm the only one in upstate NY that does.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Why not just go to your local electronics/electrical warehouse and buy bulk 4ga cable and copper connectors?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[QUOTE='98-ESer]Why not just go to your local electronics/electrical warehouse and buy bulk 4ga cable and copper connectors?[/QUOTE]
B/C I want the whole kit with everything in it and enough to do just my car. And I don't want to spend over $40 for the amp kit...
Jimmy Thats shows a pic of a 2 gauge amp kit........

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[QUOTE='98-ESer]Why not just go to your local electronics/electrical warehouse and buy bulk 4ga cable and copper connectors?[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about like at radio shack where you can pull how ever much of wire you need off of a spool? B/C thats what i'm going to do tomorrow!

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, I found this at wally world today for $79....

* Contains everything you need to get power from your battery as well as an audio signal from your head unit, to one or two amplifiers
* A .5 Farad Digital Stiffening Capacitor has a digital voltage read-out; provides more power when your amp needs it and increases the bass response
* 17 feet of 4-gauge cable brings your amp the power it needs
* 100 amp fuse holder protects your amp from over-current
* High performance interconnect wire brings the audio signal from your head unit to your amp
* Battery terminal connects the amp power wire to your car's battery
* Toll free technical assistance

·
Registered
280 Posts
01Intrepid said:
Hey, I found this at wally world today for $79....

* Contains everything you need to get power from your battery as well as an audio signal from your head unit, to one or two amplifiers
* A .5 Farad Digital Stiffening Capacitor has a digital voltage read-out; provides more power when your amp needs it and increases the bass response
* 17 feet of 4-gauge cable brings your amp the power it needs
* 100 amp fuse holder protects your amp from over-current
* High performance interconnect wire brings the audio signal from your head unit to your amp
* Battery terminal connects the amp power wire to your car's battery
* Toll free technical assistance

and you would pick that over the one I suggested? lol even if they were the same price I would still pic the one from buy .com not to mention that one is double the price... but if you dont like the one I suggested I garantee you can find something better than that for $80.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.