1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Trep has already 40,000 miles!:cry:
Is this too much!?:dozeoff:
Should I not drive it that much?:eek:mg:
I'm scared bc on the other forum someone said that the Treps will get all screwy when they hit the 50,000 miles:eek:mg:
No!!!!:crazy:

·
Registered
890 Posts
**** im pissed of at ****ing hunterdls and adaptabl. I think you should ban them randy. They come hear talking **** about intrepids. And now they get people worried :devil: :devil:

about their millage and problems.:dozeoff:

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I believe what wu was trying to say is that you should have nothing to worry about at 40,000 miles

if you have been doing regular scheduled maintenance (fluid changes, brake and belt inspections etc) 40,000 miles is just fine

I believe the average amount of miles per year is 15,000 so you aren't excessive in any way

·
Registered
890 Posts
I mean theres these assholes that come here and complain, about their intrepids. because they dont take care of there cars. And say intrepids are peice of shits and all:angry: :angry: :angry:

and those 2 people are adapbtabl and hunterdls:devil: :devil: :devil:

and now carlos is getting worried. This **** pisses me off

cause i have 160k on my car
and if i recall there is this other memeber with a 1st gen that has 238k:bored: :bored:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree Wutang! That's why i was worried about my Trep, they do talk trash a lot.:angry:

·
Registered
890 Posts
The key to making a car last is how you treat it. Always do what the manual says for tune up's. Dont race the car everyday like a racing car, and you should be fine. the car would last you more than 10 years.

but there are some dicks that think cars are made from gold or something. that will last forever:devil: :devil:

·
Read Only
118 Posts
While I agree that adapbtabl has angered me with a few of his posts, this is supposed to be a "discussion" forum. How can we have a reasonable discussion if people are kicked from the board because we don't like what they had to say? Not only does it not accomplish anything (he can just log on again with a different name), but it could lead to people not speaking freely just because their opinion does not agree with the majorities opinion. I'll get off the soapbox now, just thought it had to be said.

On a different note, I think adapbtabl just needs to get a different car and leave us the hell alone.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
My 2000 base-model Intrepid is also at just over 40,000 miles and I have had absolutely NOTHING wrong with it. I blew out the daytime running light module by putting in 80w headlights (which is my own fault), but other than that, everything else is working great.

Trash-talk is what it is: trash. We should not treat it with any more care or consideration than the trash we put in garbage cans every day.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Fluid changes... and Full Synthetic Motor oil is the best thing you can do to your car. it will keep it running for years and years, miles upon miles.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
"he did, he bought an Altima yet he still stops by to share his little pearls of wisdom with us all..."

I did.

and Yes I do.

"I have seen the light"

·
Registered
67 Posts
know this

Your car is worthless like mine. I wouldnt worry about major issues as long as you get regular oil changes tranny fluid changes etc. However, you should expect alot of small problems such as window motors, door lock motors, squeeks, rattles, electrical problems, transmision input output sensors, rack and pinion problems-almost so bad it was almost a recall but they kept it to a bulleton. Things like that. The engine and tranny seems to hold up good in this model but dodge qualtiy on all the little things are poor.

On another note, i see the intrepid has 4 star crash tests, has anyone wrecked one or seen one wrecked. THe front end is so low I wonder how well do they hold up in wrecks or do the go under other cars etc. I have always thought it to be a safe large car but compared to a buick per say, their front ends would destroy ours by mass alone. Anyone have info?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
"I have seen the light" (as stated by adaptabl). What the heck is that supposed to mean?

Do a search, using any Internet search engine, for "Nissan recalls" (with the quotes) and tell me again how "wonderful" and "perfect" one car brand is over another.

If buying a Nissan Altima is "seeing the light", then I'd rather wear sunglasses.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Your car is worthless like mine. I wouldnt worry about major issues as long as you get regular oil changes tranny fluid changes etc. However, you should expect alot of small problems such as window motors, door lock motors, squeeks, rattles, electrical problems, transmision input output sensors, rack and pinion problems-almost so bad it was almost a recall but they kept it to a bulleton. Things like that. The engine and tranny seems to hold up good in this model but dodge qualtiy on all the little things are poor.
Just quit whining and shut up!

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I'm going to keep this topic open for now, but think on this:

Every automobile has it's enthusiasts and it's detractors...I can understand why it's enthusiasts would post here. Why anyone else would troll and waste their time and ours is beyond me.

If you don't like the car, that's fine. Why you think it is neccessary to post it in an Intrepid community where obviously noone is going to agree with you....well,that is just someone begging for attention. :sarcasm:

Ignore him and he will go away....

·
Registered
602 Posts
It all depends........ I had a 99ES I purchased with 28,400 miles. Damn thing fell apart, loosing Oil, engine blew up at 33,000 miles, tranny failed shortly after. Speakers rattled cause the coils were blown, right when I bought it, window motor regulator went.

I have found out that the car was previously wrecked pretty bad and I'm thinking it could have whacked a few years off it's life, depending on how bad and if the engine and tranny recieved trauma.

In my personal opinion Castrol Syntec Blend is the best Oil you can get. I found out my 3.2L was probably running with only 1 quart and it ran with nothing noticable for quite a while. Not that this is good. I had checked it many times prior and it then seemed fine so I didn't worry anymore. If not I would run Mobile1, which is the official Oil for Viper's from Mopar. I tried to tell the dealer that I thought Oil was dissappearing from the engine, sir your engine is fine..... Intermittent rough idling..... sir, your engine is fine..... Just like almost everything else that went or failed..... I bearly had a chance to drive the damn thing and it was falling apart until the steering failed......

The best thing to have since some of these vehicles are problematic is an extended warranty........... $100.00 deductible or $3500.00 for a new engine and labor......... $2500.00 for a tranny overhaul or $100.00 deductible.

Then regular service, I change my Oil and filter every 3200-3500 miles, don't wait like 7,000 miles like in the manual unless the car is driven like a Grandma. Ask your service department what Motor Oil they use. My dealer told me they use Mopar, which is not true since Mobile One makes the supposed Mopar engine Oil. I see a bunch of Exxon Superflow .59 bottles of the cheapest stuff you can buy on the ground. I was like damn..... It may be a good idea to have your Oil changed at a dealer because most Quick Lube type places strip Chrysler's Aluminum Drain Plugs. Don't wait 100,000 miles for the plugs, I'd have them changed at about 50,000 miles. Champion Platinums are the best OEM type replacement. Have your tranny fluid drained and refilled, filter replaced at about 40,000 miles. I would ONLY have a Chrysler dealership do this with real MOPAR fluid or else you'll have problems. After the service is performed verify that it is not leaking and monitor it becaues my dealer once resealed my pan wrong not following a Chrysler TSB. Depending on how the steering feels I would have the steering checked and aligned every 20,000 miles. I would have the bushings repalced at some point depending on how the steering feels. If you do not use a K&N filter I would replace your air filter with a Mopar, which is more expensive but fits better than most drop ins every 10,000 miles depending on how dirty it is. Don't forget about your timing belt.

The best thing to do is to pay attention to your car and try and maintain it regularly, reasonably. These vehicles, compared with others are listed very high in auto repairs because of failure. I know some who have had the best of luck and some who have had the worst of luck. It's hard to say how well a particular vehicle is going to be or last being that all cars even the same models are usually not created equal. If your trep is running strong at 40,000 miles it seems like a good sign but it's unfortunately difficult to say.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Even tough you got the altima adaptabl. And i also plan on getting one. I am a everday frequent browser on the altima forums. and theres a hell of more complaints on that car then the intrepid.:angry: :angry:

Dont come here and ***** about youre intrepid. Its sold and you dont have it anymore.

Because saying stuff like that on this forum effects people trying to buy and intrepid. I remember i used to browse the TL-S forum and i was planing on getting one. Until i hear lots of people complaning about their transmissions going out. And too many rattles in the car.

So keep youre comments to youre self bro. And hunterdls you need to go **** youre self. All you did since you signed up on DI.net

is ***** and moan like a ******. Remember we do not allow homos and ******* on this site:devil: :devil: :devil:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.