DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
40. S Marlin took 2nd place fridays race. And finished 3rd in points for the year. 22. W Burton 14th and 9. B Elliott 15th in points this year. I think a great start for Dodge racing. And better things to come next year.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I knew Jeff Gordon was going to pop Robby Gordon, I just wished he'd have meesed up R. Gordon's car so Sterling could have got him for the win. Jeff Gordon said his only regret was he didn't bust us Robby's car or take down a tire. All in All, a very good year, better than expected. And how about those RAM trucks !!! Without Nascar doing whatever they felt necessary to ensure Cryin' Jack Sprague another championship (they basically took away from Dodge every week - 4 weeks in a row until Sprague started winning and dominating), we still took the manufacturer's championship. Can't wait for next year.

·
980 Posts
Yeah all in all a good year for Dodge and Mopar.Besides NASCAR, Mark Kinser almost won another Outlaw Championship, and the pro stock Hemi neons are comming on.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Originally posted by dodgeguy:
Yeah all in all a good year for Dodge and Mopar.Besides NASCAR, Mark Kinser almost won another Outlaw Championship, and the pro stock Hemi neons are comming on.
Yeah I'm retty happy with the way Dodge, especially Sterling Marlin, handled themselves this first year. Impressive!

On a side note I keep hearing about Robbie Gordon. I missed the race so perhaps someone could fill me in on what happened?

Buschman

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
j gordon was leadin for like 90% of the race and out of nowhere here comes r gordon with the intentional hit to knock j gordon back to like 6th. pissed off j comes back with the "ram" and is black flagged for a lap. he lost and r gordon won by cheating.....i think thats how it went

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Robby has always been a whiny baby, and a dick.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
From what I saw Jeff checked up when he came upon the 12 car . Robby was behind Jeff and did not check up and got into the back of Jeff , causing Jeff to get loose and slid up the track . When the 12 car spun a caution comes out and Mr "I want to thank God"- Jeff is all pissed off and drives into the back of Robby when the pace car comes out. Jeff's rad gets taken out and Nascar holds Jeff 1 lap . Then after the race Jeff goes on TV and says how he wishes he would have crashed Robby harder to intentionally take him out of the race. Jeff was starting to sound more like Tony Stewart with every word. Rubbing is racing and if Jeff don't like it ,maybe he should go open wheel. I remember when Jeff knocked Rusty out of the way to win . But I guess that's OK. Just my .5 Canadian cents.Oh yeah ,Dodge did very good this year,wait till 2002 -oh boy :p

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: ottowrkr ]

·
980 Posts
hey Otto your descriton was dead on,funny jeff has short memory I remember a race at bristol where he took rusty out for the win and bumping jeff burton for the win and saying come on it was for a million dollars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts