1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
It's been a while since I've checked, but I believe the 2G has a better crash rating than the 1G. Don't quote me though.

That crash doesn't look that bad from that angle. The crumple zones did their jobs. I'd like to see the inside to see if there was any protrusion into the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This made me curious, so I went out and found the offset crash test ratings for the 2nd gens. They break it down into separate categories, but also give the vehicle an overall rating as well. The scale, from best to worst, is Good, Acceptable, Marginal, Poor.

2000-03 Intrepid/Concode LX/LXi: Marginal

1999-2000 300M/LHS: Poor :(

2001-03 300M/LHS/Concorde Limited: Acceptable

They didn't have offset crash info on 1st gens. To Chrysler's credit, it's good to see they improved the 300M.

Edited to fix links. Whoops.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
anything on a first gen?i found some things. it gets 4 stars in every category except side imapct in the rear wehre it gets 3 stars which means only 11-20% chance of serious injury heres the only pic i found so far.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maverick9110E said:
anything on a first gen?i found some things. it gets 4 stars in every category except side imapct in the rear wehre it gets 3 stars which means only 11-20% chance of serious injury heres the only pic i found so far.
Found info on a 1st gen here.

But, this is not the same type of crash test. The offset test in the links above is more realistic and quite a bit harder to pass. The info for the 1st gens is just based on the old standard full frontal and side impacts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts