DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a book to use as a reference for my thesis and the cd that came along with the book contained a simulation project. On the cd is a simulation of the 42LE transmission found in all of our cars. This sim is freakin' sweet. Shows what is happening (in terms of which drums are turning) inside the transmission. It is awesome. I am willing to host the files (366MB) for a few people to get, but let me know if there is any interest in this. It is simply amazing to see how everything works. I am trying to see if this simulation would be available from DC's media site, but I will still host it if there is interest.

There are no dimensions on anything, but it shows the different drums and which ones are fixed for different gears and how the planetary gears work. There is a simplified explosion of the major components inside the transmission...

Let me know. Below is the main screen that pops up when you open the executible.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
woah.. this looks awesome.

I would like to get this.. and I would be willing to host the files locally too.. (more mirrors = better) (the school doesn't care.. in the summer we have bandwidth to burn)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Please let me get via download or mail, a copy of this. I would like to share this with our club members. We have one member oozing bandwidth and space and I know he'll share some it for this. Let me know please. Email Robert [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I'll get it up on my ftp site just as soon as my wife gets off the server so I can setup the login and virtual directories properly. I will only be able to support 1 connection at a time due to RR's crapy output speed limiting (45kbps max), but the files should be able to be downloaded in acouple of hours. I will e-mail the info for login to Lafrad first, 99300mricva second, and then as soon as they have finished downloading I will post the link with login information here. I have archived all of the files using WinRAR into 26 14.3MB files. Also included will be a .sfv file for those of you who know how to use them. Obviously the more mirrors we get going the faster people can get the files.

The reason why I have archived them is because all of the files are necessary for the executible to work properly. Basically there are a bunch of pictures and quite a few movies (.avi). The movies are the large parts. The executible puts them all together and gives it a decent GUI (Graphical User Interface).

I'll keep you all posted as to the progress of getting this stuff out to everyone.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
ok.. I am downloading..... i should have it before long for some more massive group downloads....

·
Registered
581 Posts
Can't wait to see this myself.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
oh.. shi... ok.. I will get those up :p

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Ok.. because no one has posted ANY response to this.. i think I am going to pull this link down within the next couple hours.

Someone respond if you want me to keep it active.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Hey Lafrad. I downloaded yesterday, and wanted to say thanks man.

Would've said thanks yesterday, but I didn't want to bump the thread up and risk you getting a flurry of connections on the server. ;) Was just being sneaky I guess.

Downloaded it in well under 30min (232KB/sec avg throughput). Gotta love cable. Nice server you got there too. Thanks again!

swartlkk, thanks to you too, awesome find for sure! ;)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No problem. I was just as surprised as anyone else that this was in one of my text books. It is a great simulation.

·
Registered
417 Posts
OK, I'm downloading it now... only 100 KB/sec, though. Gonna take an hour or so -- even though it's cable, my connection kinda sucks.

Thanks, guys. :)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
argus said:
Hey Lafrad. I downloaded yesterday, and wanted to say thanks man.

Would've said thanks yesterday, but I didn't want to bump the thread up and risk you getting a flurry of connections on the server. ;) Was just being sneaky I guess.

Downloaded it in well under 30min (232KB/sec avg throughput). Gotta love cable. Nice server you got there too. Thanks again!

swartlkk, thanks to you too, awesome find for sure! ;)
Good luck saturating this connection from this miesly little site... :p

1 - 20 of 41 Posts