DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been out in the garage for about 45 minutes trying to clean the inside of the windshield and just when I think I've gotten it clean I find a big streak. I'm using Stoner's Invisible glass and a towel (got steakss) and then switched to Stoner's and newspaper and still getting streaks. I'm spraying one half of the windshield first and then the oher. I know not to use the windex since it contains amonia and may stain the dash. I was wondering what everyone else does before I go to the last resort and use the flat end of a razor blade with glass cleaner.
Thanks
BK

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
i use those new Armorall glass wipes and they work awesome.

·
Registered
560 Posts
...the only time my windshield was totally clean was when i had it replaced during the summer (insurance picked up the tab, huge crack)...i dont know if youre a smoker, but thats what killed the inside of my glass...id try n' clean it, but it would just streak up, never be totally clear.

i dunno, try to clean it real early in the morning, like around 3 AM (when its cool and out of the sun) the sun'll dry up the windex quick and cause streaks. hope this helps! if all else fails, make a hair fracture in the corner of the windshield and stay off the paved roads... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
the best way to clean glass...

apply windex liberally. use crumpled newspaper to wipe glass. no streaks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you have a haze or something, use rubbing alcohol. Couple swipes of that and there will be nothing left on your windshield.

then, when you wash your car once a week, remember to do the windshild and back window, heck, do ALL windows also....takes very little time if you keep on top of it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the responses. I actually don't smoke or use vinyl treatments on the dash because they will also haze the inside of the windshield. I'll try rubbing alcohol and see if that works.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
alcohol will streak up really bad

·
Registered
890 Posts
YEah it will. and its anyonying ass hell to get off. I used to use that clearvue stuff and that rain X since its safe on the tints well i used it for the front window and it streaks like a MOtha Fudga so if you want just use good ol windex for the front window it will do the job

·
Registered
58 Posts
First the armour all window wipes are horrible. They leave lint on the windows and I had them dry up before I could use them all. For the inside windshield I use Rain-X windshield cleaner, not the normal RainX. It works very well with papertowels. No streaks either! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
do not use a cloth towel or rag...you need to use paper towels...i have always had nothing but problems with rags and towel...paper towels are the only way...i use a product by armorall for windows that is amonia free...since amonia is poison to tints.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by gaewsky1:
First the armour all window wipes are horrible. They leave lint on the windows and I had them dry up before I could use them all.
Ive never had those probs

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Ok I have three options for you.. 1st: use any kind of window cleaner, and use some newspaper to wipe it off... 2nd: Use any kind of window cleaner, and use a clean bath towel to wipe the window clean.. I tried this twice since i had my car and both times I had to touch the glass to see if it's still there B/C it was so clean... 3rd: Go outside and just look around your car. Look for a sizable rock, but a bolder would be perfect. The pick it up and toss/throw it in the window that won't come clean and TADA!!!!!! the window ferry will bring you another one within 3 working days...... ;)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I've tried number 3. Shes a little hard on the 'ol wallet! ;)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Okay, I saw this one on SpeedVision - comes from the "Believe it or Not" file. Hope it helps. The key to ultra clean glass is 0000 or better steel wool and Windex. The finer you get the better. The trick to not scratching the glass is to use liberal amounts of cleaner. Believe it . . . or not!

I watched the guy demonstrating this technique do it on a Viper GTS, so I kinda figure they weren't screwing around . . .

In case you are wondering, I haven't tried it yet.

:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts