1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
:eek2:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I think these guys are full of it, just look at those dumb dual throttle 'high rise' manifolds.
In the thread one guy says the stroke is longer than a 440 magnum 3.75" 95.25, so 96mm (stock) by 96 mm gives you 4.169 liters,
What do they do to the block, If I am not mistaken, the stock bore spacing is ~118 mm.
100mm x 100 mm gives you 4.7
103mm x 100 gives 4.999373469 liters, but the block would have to be so modified, it could hardly be considered the same.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not big on how the numbers work, but the guy who made that comment on the stroke being longer than a 440 magnum isnt the owner or the guy who did the work. How they achieved it,I dont know.I cant imagine that the guy would make it up.They have made good products so far why would they want to ruin there rep? Assuming it is true, a 5.0 created out of a 3.5 that you could put in your intrepid is amazing.If they put it in production they probably wont give a how too,but knowing its possable maybe a local gearhead could find a way also. I'm not trying to attack you at all mike I admitt this is out of my league by far and if you care to translate those numbers it would be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
627 Posts
the crank,its stroked they use a different crank to add cubes

·
Registered
7 Posts
That is a waste of time and money!!! If you want power, just get some good low comp pistons there is plenty of room for two small turbos and boost the thing. No 5.0 or what ever will come close!!
I turbo Nissan 240SX cars. A stock 240 makes 130rwhp. With pistons and rods and turbo and stand alone it handles ~600rwhp.
The potential of a turbo :smile-l:

·
Registered
627 Posts
the way he has it set up looks cool it looks like a real old school mopar almost like a baby hemi ,i think with turbo the mounting of the intercooler might be a factor

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
If you stroke the 3.5 96x81 to 115 mm, then you get 4.994.
But the 25m/s ave piston speed 'limit' is reached at 6521 rpm. what kind of power would a pure stroker make, 325 hp?

·
Registered
175 Posts
it could very well be 4.7L and they are rounding up to 5.0, as is typical with car companies in production.

·
Mopar or No Car
7,870 Posts
MikeW said:
If you stroke the 3.5 96x81 to 115 mm, then you get 4.994.
But the 25m/s ave piston speed 'limit' is reached at 6521 rpm. what kind of power would a pure stroker make, 325 hp?
A couple of times they mention "bored and stroked" so I doubt if it's all in the stroke. But they wouldn't have to bore it much to bring it inside reasonable limits for the stroke. 98 x 110 (4.978L with a 2mm over-bore) would give you 6818 RPM or 23.8 m/s @ 6500 RPM. But that's still a lot of extra stroke.

BTW - Anybody know what the cylinder height is ...?
ToBeRT said:
That is a waste of time and money!!! If you want power, just get some good low comp pistons there is plenty of room for two small turbos and boost the thing. No 5.0 or what ever will come close!!
I turbo Nissan 240SX cars. A stock 240 makes 130rwhp. With pistons and rods and turbo and stand alone it handles ~600rwhp.
I'm thinking that set-up is just begging for a blower ... :devil:

·
9,861 Posts
The cyl height in the block is not very high. The sides of the stock pistons come out the bottom a little on stock stroke. The block must be massively bored and resleaved, with short pistons.

Reactions: D76G12

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
I dont care how they did it, gimme that engine and put a turbo on it, then we'll be talking some horsepower.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
ToBeRT said:
Does it have direct port nawzzz injection too?

In case you didn't notice, we are talking about Intrepids, not 240s. The bottom end of an Intrepid isn't set up for 500+ HP. Oh, and turbo a 5.0L, make everything the same as on a 2.4L and see which one makes more power.

There is absolutely NO replacement for displacement.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I have read up on the prowlers. The prowler pro guys have used that custom CNC dual throttle body high rise manifold setup on the stock 3.5L with nitrous. I am pretty sure it was designed for just that purpose. The pictures of the 5.0 show the nitrous plumbing still there. While not impossible, it might be difficult to plumb a turbo or super to the dual throttle bodies. Most of the -charging I have seen on Prowlers has been the centrifugal (sp?) supercharger type from Paxton. And they just use the stock 3.5 intake and plumb to it like we would.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
04IntrepidSXT said:
I have read up on the prowlers. The prowler pro guys have used that custom CNC dual throttle body high rise manifold setup on the stock 3.5L with nitrous. I am pretty sure it was designed for just that purpose. The pictures of the 5.0 show the nitrous plumbing still there. While not impossible, it might be difficult to plumb a turbo or super to the dual throttle bodies. Most of the -charging I have seen on Prowlers has been the centrifugal (sp?) supercharger type from Paxton. And they just use the stock 3.5 intake and plumb to it like we would.
Who says you have to have those retarded dual throttle bodies?

·
Registered
747 Posts
CaptainMorgan said:
Who said you only had to use one turbo? ;)

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
CaptainMorgan said:
You don't have to. You can custom fab anything you want.

I am thinking that the stock throttle body/intake/injectors we have will not support enough air/fuel for a 5.0 displacement - not sure though. Especially if you add nitrous or a -charger. So those guys used the custom intake they already had. And I was just commenting on the fact that it would take considerable fabbing to plumb a -charger to that hi-rise setup.

·
Registered
175 Posts
D76G12 said:
Screw the turbo - it needs a blower ...
Got that backwards my friend. Turbo recycles exhaust (wasted HP) and exhaust heat( more wasted HP) and turns that into useable energy, (useable HP) whereas a blower is parasitic by robbing HP off the crank- the exhaust HP that's being lost is still being lost with a blower, plus the blower's parasitic drain.
Run Turbo's unless you're going to run dual stacked blowers, for more effeciant power.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts