DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my, Oh my... I still am doing my happy dance.. Wife and I just went out to a friends house for dinner and we where comming home and it just stopped raining... Again at the light (Chicago Drive Warlord!) there was a box style Mustang 5.0 drivin by a kid, Wife was talking to me and I just was not listening I broke her conversation and out the blue said "I read some Treps beat those" Wife said "Oh no you dont, not again, oh god grow up" I said "Be quiet woman, I am thinking" Anyway, the light went green and we both hammered, wheels where spinning due
to the wet surface... then I seen I was making headway on this boy... I couldnt believe it!!! Got to 60 and I was 2 car lengths ahead!!! Then I started my happy dance much to the embarassment to my wife, I was banging on the dash like it was a drum shouting "I beat a 5.0 litre mustang!!!!!" Wife said "God help me" :) I slowed down
and the boy got on the side of me and I nodded an smiled and nodded back.... aaaah jesus I didnt think I would of had a chance!

Wife is now wishing she married a more `mature` man... :p

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
suffice it to say you wouldn't have beaten him if the LH cars weren't front wheel drive. that's a considerable handicap in the rain.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
97 sport platinum, agreed.... Warlord, cheers dude...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I will also have to say good kill, but under normal conditions the 5.0 would take care of us with no problem. But a question, does anyone know if a trep can take a V6 mustang?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah baby! :) Warlord, da dependable racer! :)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Originally posted by Warlord187:
Yes! How do I know? Because I have!!! :D
Well was it an easy kill? Im lookin at racing a brand new Mustang V6, with my 3.2, will it be an easy kill?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i've heard that the 1st gen 3.5s wipe up with v6 rustangs and slowmeros. that's a tough call, though, because we 1st gen 3.5s also wipe up with you 3.2 jockeys. :D

i'd say go for it, after all, that's one more car you will know to go ahead and drop on if you win. even if you lose, so what? then you know not to race one next time.

for the record, the rustangs ARE a little slower than the slowmeros, but they're both slow as hell.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've beaten a couple V6 mustangs at the track (I love backing up my info with track numbers, they don't lie!). The V6 mustangs run 16.0 or a little higher, I raced one with dual exhaust and he was running high 15.8's-low 15.9's. So I was still faster with my 15.7's.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Naaa! The rain is not excuse for that KILL of a mustang 5.0. I think the driver of that mustang know that the ground was wet and know his car couldn't gain the ground to win a race. But no he gambled anyway and lost. So he must take the lost....... So Great kill :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
A kill is a kill great job. I have raced 2 V6 ratstangs with my R/T. No problem. Meat on the table for the R/Ts.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys! :) <Big grin> :D

·
Registered
558 Posts
Draggin a 5L Mustang in winter is a thrill. That lite rear end spins faster than a windmill in a hurricane. Those 'stangs have ZERO traction on the snow and when anyone sees one, we all get out of the way. SPIN CITY!! It's rear end shakes like a 42nd street ho!!

Danny
Capitalcity RT

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Talkin of da LHSer Pimp, I aint seen that boy
around here much of late, hope the homey is doing good!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Been street racing for 30 years, and it ain't just about HP. Great Kill.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cheers Jim ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts