DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

514km on 54 L of gas!

679 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  jfsram 
#1 · (Edited)
Well ever since i changed my EGR transducer my gas mileage has skyrocketed. Heck, when i got the car with 50,000 km on it i was only getting 420km or so to a tank, but now 514 km on 54L (tank is 60L i believe) with my usual aggressive driving even.
I'm loving this, hell why didn't i fix this problem before? I could of replaced the entire EGR for 8 times less than what i've put into this car when it was a gas pig.

Also that is mixed highway and city, but only about 35% highway and 65% city.

#4 · (Edited)
can someone tell me the size of the tank in gallons?

Also you have a 3300lb 3.3, :p I'm just happy because my car got progressively hungry-er for gas and now its snapped right up.

#7 · (Edited)
My tank is only 64 litres. I can only get 400 or 450 on a tank :( But I haven't run the car dry to check, just the OTIS said 0km to empty a couple of times :p

#8 ·
I don't feel so bad now. On 95%+ city driving I get about 500 kms on tank (64L) of gas. :biggrin:

#10 ·
last time i filled up i got 10.8 gallons from just over a quarter...so my guess is 15 - 20 gallon tank for us americans.

#11 ·
WTF?? I am only getting 350km on a tank! (550km pure highway) Should I be changing my EGR Transducer and fuel filter?? What else should I do for an improvement? Thanks

Jason

#12 ·
IAmNewAndTired said:
last time i filled up i got 10.8 gallons from just over a quarter...so my guess is 15 - 20 gallon tank for us americans.
18 gallons to be exact

#13 ·
Jayman said:
WTF?? I am only getting 350km on a tank! (550km pure highway) Should I be changing my EGR Transducer and fuel filter?? What else should I do for an improvement? Thanks

Jason
City driving absolutely kills gas mileage. My car also gets 350km - 400km when driven in the city only, works out to like 15mpg according to the OTIS. At 75 mph I get 22mpg (500km - 550km), it seems to be most efficient at 65mph where I get 27 mpg according to the OTIS. On that trip I didn't get a chance to take it all the way down to empty for fear of being stranded in the middle of no where.

If you want good mileage with decent power, get a Civic HB with the 1.6L SOHC Vtec engine, it's faster than a 3.5L and get's 35 mpg in the city, basically like 600km on a tank with $20 of gas.

#14 ·
Going over 500km/tank is really dependant on how far you are willing to flirt with an empty tank.
In your case you still had over 10L left in the tank. That's potentially good for another 100km's.
For a real measure of mileage record and calculate you actual numbers. In your case 54L for 514 km is 54/5.14 = 10.5L per 100km's. Which is very good for combined city and highway.
My combined is usually in the teens.
These cars will dip into the 8L/100km territory on the highway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.