DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

6x9 Speaker

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  01Intrepid 
#1 ·
Hey y'all?!
i'm having a lot of problems with the installation of my new Sony Xploid 6x9's, i took three screws in the back and i took a cover inside the trunk, i can see the speakers, but i don't know how to get to them, from inside, the cover is stuck or something, i can't take it out!! please if anyone knows tell me, i'm about to leave the factory speakers in there :(
By the way i have the 2000 Intrepid Sedan
and the speakers are really nice ones, 300 watts, 4 way, the front are 6.5 180 watts, 3 way, i really want to hear how they sound, please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANX

LOS

Discussion starter · #5 ·
well, not really, i wouldn't cut anything, i'd probably mess it up. I already installed them, it was a pain in the a#%$, i had to take the top carpet from the top, the carpet has some funky screws kind of hard to take out, i cut myself like 3 times doing it. i had to unhook the rear seats, however the middle seat has something that you can't move, so i just had to kinda like pull the seat and lift the carpet, this carpet also has those screws (3 of them, one on each side), you have to take them out before you can't do anything, after you take those out, just pull off the whole carpet, and you'll see the speakers, PLEASE!!!!!!!! make you sure you have lots of tools, you will need all kind. i kind of messed up my carpet, but you can't tell. anyways, now i have a very good sound, those speakers pump it up real goood. FINALLY!!!!!!!!! :)

Discussion starter · #10 ·
My speakers are in, they sound neat, specially becacuse the 4-way 6x9's explods that i got. i had to buy a rack mounting kit for the 6.5's in the front because dodge has different sizes. They 3-way front speakers make the sound a lot better. so, if you planning to change your speakers at the front you will need to buy that kit. How does it sound? It sounds great! It's a definetely must! Next will be 2 12's sony Xplod with a mono 1000 watts Sony Xplod Amp. I think having everything with the same brand is better because the frequencies are sent with the same technology. what do you think guys?

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Sound good!
Thanx :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.