DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

6x9 Speaker

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  01Intrepid 
Originally posted by Carlos:
I think having everything with the same brand is better because the frequencies are sent with the same technology.
There is absolutely no truth to that statement. The only thing you accomplish with having everything the same brand is putting more money into that manufacturers pocket. 99.9% of the best systems in the world use several different brands of equipment to achieve sonic excellence.

skellyo

Originally posted by LHSer:

A lot of setups I have seen, even competition, follow these routes. Hell, a lot of guys in competiotion now even gow for all 3 of those above things from the same company. Makes it a hell of a lot easier sponsor-wise.
To be honest with you, no company out there makes all of what you listed. No wiring manufacturers that I can think of make head units.

As for sponsorship, there is only one company that requires you run all of their equipment for competition, and that's Pioneer. However, that would be running their upper end ODR equipment and their Premier amplifiers and speakers. They are the ONLY manufacturer that requires this.

If I come off sounding like an ass, I don't mean to. I've just been around audio for the past 8 years and installed for a competition caliber car audio shop for several of those years before finishing college.

skellyo

Originally posted by LHSer:
RockfordCorp is a company that I can think of that makes all three
Yep, you're right. I totally forgot about them...probably because you'd have to pay me to own any of their equipment ever again. Not necessarily bad products, just not the creme of the crop.

skellyo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.