DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

6x9 Speaker

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  01Intrepid 
#1 ·
Hey y'all?!
i'm having a lot of problems with the installation of my new Sony Xploid 6x9's, i took three screws in the back and i took a cover inside the trunk, i can see the speakers, but i don't know how to get to them, from inside, the cover is stuck or something, i can't take it out!! please if anyone knows tell me, i'm about to leave the factory speakers in there :(
By the way i have the 2000 Intrepid Sedan
and the speakers are really nice ones, 300 watts, 4 way, the front are 6.5 180 watts, 3 way, i really want to hear how they sound, please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANX

LOS

#4 ·
if you are gonna put in speaker grills can you just cut down the rear deck carpet from the top (destroying the stock speakers probably) exposing the screws and saving all that labor?

#5 ·
well, not really, i wouldn't cut anything, i'd probably mess it up. I already installed them, it was a pain in the a#%$, i had to take the top carpet from the top, the carpet has some funky screws kind of hard to take out, i cut myself like 3 times doing it. i had to unhook the rear seats, however the middle seat has something that you can't move, so i just had to kinda like pull the seat and lift the carpet, this carpet also has those screws (3 of them, one on each side), you have to take them out before you can't do anything, after you take those out, just pull off the whole carpet, and you'll see the speakers, PLEASE!!!!!!!! make you sure you have lots of tools, you will need all kind. i kind of messed up my carpet, but you can't tell. anyways, now i have a very good sound, those speakers pump it up real goood. FINALLY!!!!!!!!! :)

#6 ·
Carlos:

You replaced the 6.5 speakers in the door and the 6x9 speakers in the rear? Did you keep the factory head unit? Do you have the infinity system? How much better/louder/clearer does it sound now. If there is a major difference, I may replace my speakers down the road.

#7 ·
Tomorrow I go to have my 6x9's swapped out. I just have my usual car audio shop do it. I'm putting in a pair of Pioneer Premier 6995's. I had the 6.5's replaced a few weeks ago with Pioneer Premier 1695's. I also swapped out my head unit for a Sony CDX-M600. New speakers will make your music sound cinsiderably clearer. I'd defintiely say to go for it. Next up...AMPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

-Jared

#8 ·
When you have the NEW 6x9's installed, tell them to bolt them in from the BOTTOM. That way, if/when they blow up, or you sell the car, you can remove them w/o too much farting around.

#9 ·
Well, my new 6x9s are in. I had them cut the board and top mount them. Originally, I wasn't gonna do that. But then I saw th eunderside fo the board. It's a solid board with a bunch of little holes drilled in it. I mean...what's the point of putting a speaker in if 30 to 40 percent of the cone's going to be covered? With the new speakers top mounted, the highs just sing. They sound beautiful.

-Jared

#10 ·
My speakers are in, they sound neat, specially becacuse the 4-way 6x9's explods that i got. i had to buy a rack mounting kit for the 6.5's in the front because dodge has different sizes. They 3-way front speakers make the sound a lot better. so, if you planning to change your speakers at the front you will need to buy that kit. How does it sound? It sounds great! It's a definetely must! Next will be 2 12's sony Xplod with a mono 1000 watts Sony Xplod Amp. I think having everything with the same brand is better because the frequencies are sent with the same technology. what do you think guys?

#11 ·
Originally posted by Carlos:
I think having everything with the same brand is better because the frequencies are sent with the same technology.
There is absolutely no truth to that statement. The only thing you accomplish with having everything the same brand is putting more money into that manufacturers pocket. 99.9% of the best systems in the world use several different brands of equipment to achieve sonic excellence.

skellyo

#12 ·
Well, if you want to keep things the same brand, for continuity, which a lot of people like, or so I have come to realize after a few years selling AV equipement, stick to a couple things:

1. Source/Signal: This means your amps, headunits, changers, etc.

2. Speakers: Self explanatory.

3. Wiring/Electrical/Interconnect: Also self explanatory.

A lot of setups I have seen, even competition, follow these routes. Hell, a lot of guys in competiotion now even gow for all 3 of those above things from the same company. Makes it a hell of a lot easier sponsor-wise.

PS
achieve sonic excellence
You sound like a commercial. :)

[ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: LHSer ]

#13 ·
Sound good!
Thanx :)

#14 ·
Originally posted by LHSer:

A lot of setups I have seen, even competition, follow these routes. Hell, a lot of guys in competiotion now even gow for all 3 of those above things from the same company. Makes it a hell of a lot easier sponsor-wise.
To be honest with you, no company out there makes all of what you listed. No wiring manufacturers that I can think of make head units.

As for sponsorship, there is only one company that requires you run all of their equipment for competition, and that's Pioneer. However, that would be running their upper end ODR equipment and their Premier amplifiers and speakers. They are the ONLY manufacturer that requires this.

If I come off sounding like an ass, I don't mean to. I've just been around audio for the past 8 years and installed for a competition caliber car audio shop for several of those years before finishing college.

skellyo

#15 ·
RockfordCorp is a company that I can think of that makes all three: Rockford owns Rockford Fosgate, Lightning Audio, Hafler, InstallEdge, Fosgat Audionics, Audio Innovations and MB Quart.
http://www.rockfordcorp.com

Now, I didn't mean that people HAVE to use the same manufacturer, I stated that a lot of guys are going this route. Using the same company for input and output, if its possible.

#17 ·
Originally posted by ViolentWorld:
Well, my new 6x9s are in. I had them cut the board and top mount them. Originally, I wasn't gonna do that. But then I saw th eunderside fo the board. It's a solid board with a bunch of little holes drilled in it. I mean...what's the point of putting a speaker in if 30 to 40 percent of the cone's going to be covered? With the new speakers top mounted, the highs just sing. They sound beautiful.

-Jared
I messed around under the trunk and after about 1 hour I relized I had to get to it from the inside.... So After I finaly got everything out, I noticed the thick pading looked like holes was cut into it. I was pissed B/C it's not cut enought to get 100% of the sound from the speakers..... So I'm thinking about taking a sat morning and shave/cut down the pading over the 6x9's....and still keepig the stock look on the rear deck.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.