DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
2.7 L Transmission is hesitating

I have an '03 SE Intrepid with 15,000 miles. When I am in motion and come to say a yield or stop sign and press the accelerator again the transmission clunks and feels like it can't figure out that I'm giving it gas. This is the only time it does it. Checked the codes on the dsah-- none. Any ideas? Throttle Position Sensor??? Transaxle reprogram??? Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep

What??? You haven't heard of the @.7 liter? Sometimes I gotta make the wife get out and push!! HHHAAHHHAAAAAA!!! If I say that too loud she'll probably kill me.
Anyway, yes it clunks between 1st and 2nd gear either upshifting or downshifting, and I never come to a complete stop- around 2- 5 mph.

·
Registered
217 Posts
sounds like the tranny bump shift issue... welcome to the club... most embarrassing when you have a chick in the ride.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I get that too with my '99 @.7. :tongue: Usually when I do a rolling stop. 1-3 mph, sometimes I get that bump shift. It sucks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fixable???

Is this issue fixable? TSB???

·
Registered
990 Posts
I believe a Flash update could fix problem.. maybe not entirely.. but on a 03' model I would think it would have most up-to-date update on it.. hmm..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Joke

Titleist-- @.7 was orginally a typo by me in my original post. I meant 2.7 L. I forgot to release the SHIFT key when typing the 2.

·
Registered
518 Posts
WOW, how did I miss that one...:crazy:

Yeah, I'm awake...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ah... rolling to a stop, then have to give some gas and the trans is all confused, as if it had "de-coupled", or fallen in neutral and now is back in gear. I've had that happen, too. Really annoying. Could a PCM "flash" fix that??? Would my dealer know what the hell I was talking about if I told them this (most likely -- NOT!) I get a rough 1-2 shift at times, too (pretty rare). Sort of a "flutter" overlap thing. Not sure and crisp, seems like it's stuck between gears. That is a bit better since I had the trans serviced.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts