DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am tired of looking for a place to bore my TB.

Junior from Darcars told me about a place, when I call them - they said they dont do it.

Samething with AED Performance at Richmond. Rob got his done from AED, but now they dont do it anymore.

Anybody know of a place where I can get the TB bored out.

I am desperate. The TB and the plate is sitting in the basement for over a year now.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
When I did mine I just ran the TB to the local Corvette/speed shop with the replacement plate. 2 days later and all was well.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I've read alot of posts about boring the TB and I still haven't really found what I'm looking for. What are the pros/cons on the 3.5HO? I know a machinist and I have a $20 coupon from summitt thats expiring soon and I figured I'll buy the holley plate with that, so its pretty much a free mod. Should I do it?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Seems like any machine shop should be able to do it, all you gotta do is get the plate

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, I have the plate and the TB - but when I call the machine shops, they say they dont bore TB's ?

·
Registered
714 Posts
You would think that something so seemly simple anybody could do or better yet you should be able to pick up a 70mm TB almost anywhere.
I had thought of going to my local high school auto tech. shop to see if they would do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts