DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jackfish again. Been reading around the site about the "70mm Throttle body" mod. Now my question is, can i use one off of a 2.7L to get bored out, or even a 1st gen 3.5? That wat i wont have to dissable my car while the machine work is being done?

·
Premium Member
16,968 Posts
Isn't a 2.7 TB smaller bore to start with, so if you have it bored, you'd be no better than you are right now (IOW, money/time wasted)?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thats exactly what i needed to know. Thanks man. So i get one to a machine shop and have them bore it too 70mm? Then just bolt it up?
If you have trouble finding a 02-04 TB for a 3.X motor, let me know, I have a spare I can give you if your willing to pay shipping, providing it's not spoken-for before hand. :)

You need to send it to a capable machine shop, not just *anyone* will do. They'll also need to fabricate a new butterfly (the plate that closes the opening) to fit the opening. Everything needs to be essentially A-1 in tolerances or you're going to have a very badly running engine.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Thats exactly what i needed to know. Thanks man. So i get one to a machine shop and have them bore it too 70mm? Then just bolt it up?
Get a hold of www.maxbore.com

They can do it, turn around is quick, and they do good work.

Trust me on this one.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get a hold of www.maxbore.com

They can do it, turn around is quick, and they do good work.

Trust me on this one.
Sounds fantastic, except hes only doing hondas right now :glum:

Theres a very reputable shop here in town. Ill give them a call and ask what they would charge to do something like this. Now before i go ahead, i want to ask again, is it a worth while mod? Dose it give the 3.5L a nice little omph when i snap the throttle?

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Boring them out is not something any shop can do. The hard part is making a new throttle plate that seals correctly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts