DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some stupid asian girl hit my baby while parking...badasstrep checked it out and said it didnt look that bad, but i want to cry :*(. ill post pics soon, im too lazy atm. guess the gold trep curse is real. 5 months in the clear and my baby was hit. :*(.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Body kit time :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, well we decided not to go through insurance. im getting three estimates by tuesday and taking them to her, and shes paying in full. im actually going to take it to my cousins to get it done cheaper, and using the rest to get a new muffler :p. as for body kit time...my dad would sooner shoot me in the face than let me do something to my car. hes just a douche like that : /

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
his dad would not allow him to put a K&N Filter in his car, but i'm shure we can talk him into a body-kit...tell him it increases gas-milage :D

·
Registered
843 Posts
Cant even have a K&N?? Just tell him youll never have to buy another air filter and your doing it strictly for economic reasons.........

When my wife tells me I need to stop spending cash on the Trep,I just come up with a hobby that would drive her insane.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Badasstrep said:
his dad would not allow him to put a K&N Filter in his car, but i'm shure we can talk him into a body-kit...tell him it increases gas-milage :D
LOL what are you guys, 10 year olds ?????? :icon_razz Or that's his father's car ??

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
TERMINATOR101CA said:
LOL what are you guys, 10 year olds ?????? :icon_razz Or that's his father's car ??
what do you mean YOU GUYS, as in both of us, I have done many things to my Intrepid, now for Hassan, I think his dad is just worride that he will mess something up, and he will have to throw away money because Hassan wanted a louder exhaust or something...

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Ok, the car was hit while it was parked. How much damage? WHat does insurance say? Who cares about body kits, exhausts, and other ****. Get the "so called" body damage fixed... then worry about the mods. ;)

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
LebanonsFinest said:
some stupid asian girl hit my baby while parking...badasstrep checked it out and said it didnt look that bad, but i want to cry :*(. ill post pics soon, im too lazy atm. guess the gold trep curse is real. 5 months in the clear and my baby was hit. :*(.
I'm wondering why you chose to post the ethnicity of the person that hit you. You, having shown great sensitivity to anyone talking about Arabs or Muslims in any way, should be more aware of how you post things.

I know that you'll say that you mean no harm by posting that she was Asian, but if someone posted that "some stupid arab girl" or "some stupid muslim girl" hit their car, you'll probably get offended by the inference and you've shown that in the past whenever anyone says anything about Muslims or Arabs in general.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you are right on that one smc, but its because they even know and joke that they cant drive...as for my dad...hes just a douche. wont let me "waste" any money on it basically, so he wants me to keep everything stock. and stfu andrei before i knock you out. he was over my house when i was trying to convince my dad to let me get a magnaflow or flowmaster, and he was talking against it and now i prob will never get it. so thanks buddy.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Not to stir the pot, but if you're asian, muslim, indian, white, black or whatever, then that's just a simple fact. Although saying something like stupid black guy/girl seems to have a distinctly different meaning than stupid white guy/girl (Before it starts, I'm just using it as an illustration, we're all just people to me).

The stupid part, well.............
That's another issue altogether. Definately derogitory.

I'd be a little leery of going outside the insurance if I were you. All she has to say is I'm not paying and you're screwed. Now you've left the scene and not reported to the police or your insurance agent. I know where I live it's illegal to leave teh scene of an accident without reporting it if damage to the vehicles is in excess of $500, and we all know insurance complanies will look for any excuse to reduce or disallow a [email protected]@rds.

If she was whining about her insurance going up or this is her "nth" accident, to bad I say. Learn to drive or get off the road. If you can't deal with a car at low speed in a parking lot, how the hell can you deal with moving vehicles and ever-so-breakable human bodies all over the place?

I really hope you don't get taken. I guess I'm a little suspicious when people say things like, "I don't want to go through insurance because......."

good luck (sincerely).

Cheers

BJ

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Oh yeah, that was my other point. I would be very cautious about going the "I'll pay it in full" route.

When an electrician backed up into my Trep, they left a note and said they'd pay for it (on company letterhead). I called the company, but they were already closed by the time I saw the damage. I then called the local cops who came out and told me that he has noted the damage in his notepad, but since they offender did leave a number, I should let him handle it first since the company was a well-known reputable one. He then gave me his card and said that if I couldn't get anything resolved, then for me to give him a call and he'll do a report on it so that I can claim insurance on it.

Like Great White, my concern is if this chick stiffs you (haha, not in that way sicko!), you won't have a police report to rely on and it'll just be your word against her's and the insurance company could screw you.

My thing is, unless I know you, there's no way I'll let an accident go unreported, even if I'm the one at fault. Cause I'll be damned if then one day someone tells me that I caused $10K worth of damage for a little ding on the door. NOT WORTH IT!

J

·
0 Posts
Oh - I gladly accept "I'll pay you in full, it was my fault, and let's not go thru insurance" statements.

Sure.. Just sign this piece of paper. Let me take some pics of the damage, sign the pics, sign the "It was my fault" paper, let me make a photocopy of your driver's license, your registration. Leave me a signed title to your car, and I'll carry it around until you pay me.
Yea - I accept to not go thru insurance.

·
Registered
603 Posts
There are a lot of stupid people out there, I am still waiting for a settlement from the guy that bashed my car. Speaking of stupid people, there was a guy the other night that was stoned off his rocker at a gas station I deliver to, you could smell it out side. Then there was this arab dude that had so many insense burning that it made me sick. Not a good night for the nose. :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alright...way too lazy right now for the pics...but i got 3 estimates on the damage. they want to replace the bumper cover, the bumper cover bracket, repaint it, touch up the quarter panel's chip, and with all the labor/part's costs it totals around $700 average. :(

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
smc1377 said:
My thing is, unless I know you, there's no way I'll let an accident go unreported, even if I'm the one at fault. Cause I'll be damned if then one day someone tells me that I caused $10K worth of damage for a little ding on the door. NOT WORTH IT!
Unfortunately that happened to me, I didn't get a police report when I rear ended a guy. His bumper was barely tapped but it was hanging a little. A simple bolt could have fixed this. It turned into $1600 against me. I'm still paying for it in my insurance premium/points on the record.

BS!

Call the cops and get a report or keep one of those disposable cameras and take pics on the spot and get stuff signed if the "cops are too busy" <---which I've heard can happen.

Sorry to hear about your accident and good luck..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts