DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case some of us never read the fine print, or never were able to, i was surfing the internet last night and discovered something grand. There is currently a 7year/100,000mile rust warranty on our vehicles, along with all other dodge vehicles, right out of the dealership. I bought my car from a 3rd party, private owner, and i still have the warranty valid at 90,000miles.

(the story) i walked into Sam Dell Dodge dealership, said hello to the salesman that met me at the door and asked about this warranty, looking back at my puzzled he takes a moment to go check on this warranty for he has never heard of it. I expected to hear laughing from the room for my stupidity, but to my surprise he comes back astonished and states that i am more than correct and to come in to the shop durring regular hours(which i am today) to go talk about what they can do for me. completely restoring and exterior panels in which have rust. Fun Fact :frenzy:

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
You car shouldn't qualify for that warranty since its 9 years old. Its 7years OR 100,000miles which ever comes first. It would be sweet if my car still qualified, I'm out on both counts.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I thought the rust warranty was only for issues where rust caused a 'failure' of a part etc. For example rust forms on your caliper but it doesn't cause it to fail, a busted/leaking seal on the piston does.

Is it that your panels had rust that corroded through to the front making the paint/surface rough?

·
Registered
114 Posts
try this one on DC and you'll get told to kiss off. the specifics apply to either out to in rust, or in to out rust on exterior panels. my experience with this involved my 99 minivan a couple years ago. the 96-2000 vans have a SERIOUS problem with rusting of the strut towers-to the point where they can almost cave in. i assume because there are no noted fatalaties from this actually happening, the NTSB will not enforce a recall. i took mine into DC to try warranty before the 7/100 expired-this was with a dealer that my family knows the owner personally. he could do nothing-corporate handles all of these.
amazingly enough there is a TSB on it and they even make a repair piece for the issue and all the dealers seem to have em in stocck (hmmmm...). you gotta pull the strut and epoxy and rivet the new piece in place. i had mine welded in by a body buddy. either way they say this is not exterior rust and you're screwed. good luck with this one.
the way this rusts out is really amazing. if anyone has a minivan from the years above and lives in the rust belt-pop your hood and check especially the drivers side. i'll bet its there. even more scary is the fact that most of these things are kid transports-makes you feel pretty good puttin your kids in there. if you wanna see what chrysler won't fix you can go on allpar under the minivan forums and search strut tower rust. its pretty sickening.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts