DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive searched around the forums for an hour now trying to find a similar thread with info. alas i give up searching and will just start a new thread =p

theres so much info in these forums :all_cohol
plugs
coilpak
CAI
feul rail
injectors
cam/crank sensors
waterpump
retimed
PCM dealership reprogramed

before i had my waterpump bearings blow and my timing belt skip 5 teeth, the same problem was apparent.. first start of the day was always an 8 crank start. turn it off and sit an hour 3 cranks and it starts. let it sit 4 hours its back to 8 cranks.

what parts that i havent already replaced could be the causee of this obsessive cranking? my 01 impala sparks up on one crank! so it seems to me something can be fixed or cleaned.

hit me up with some ideas! car runs beautifully after the timing was reset and new PCM installed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Check your spark plug gap. If necessary try to set it .005 or .010 less than the recommended gap. If it cranks up good then you probably will need a new coil pack pretty soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
coils are new
old plugs were not platinum and had the same exact start patterns
new plugs are bosch platinum 2

i read about the platinum problems.. but the car runs great except for the start, which was the same with generic plugs.. ill check the gapping

.005 or .010 less than the recommended gap ?? thats really low isnt it? i read .035 was recomended

is platinum a heat range issue?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Im sorry i was thinking of the dynasty gap.... its .050. I set it at .040 and it seemed to start a lot better. Try setting it .005 less.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
are you sure that when the timing belt skipped that you didn't bend any valves or damage some pistons??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3.5 is non-interface
and the problem was the same before
i just have a much more responsive ECM now that is even shifting nicer
everything is gravy except the start! =p

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Have you tested the fuel pressure? Maybe somethings wrong with your pump.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im keepin the bosch platinum 2 's =p

all i had to do was clean out the IAC! dundundun 2 crank start

drives smoother through the whole power band now aswell

1 - 11 of 11 Posts