DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered some PHILIPS/ NARVA Rally Gold- (All Weather/Yellowish)- 85W- H3 bulbs for my foglamps... Didnt even think about them being 85Watts. The website said that "unlike those that claim to be 85w, these bulbs really are 85 w bulbs"......

Will this mess up my wires or anything? Mess anything up? My driver side wire has already been burnt up from something... I only have wagner regular h3s in right now....

Help?

·
Premium Member
18,270 Posts
If the original bulbs were less wattage, then very likely yes. You would need to add a relay, with the headlight wires going only to the relay coil, and added power wiring thru the relay contacts. Someone else will have to say whether the holders can take the additional heat.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
You should be fine. I ran 100w bulbs in my set of fogs on my first gen, the same that are now my additional back-up lights, and never had any problems. If you're concerned, keep an eye on them to make sure the wiring isn't overheating or melting down the first couple of times you use them for an extended amount of time.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
RCE2WIN, I understand that you have had no problems... Many other people have though... I somehow feel that I will because that is just my luck

You would need to add a relay, with the headlight wires going only to the relay coil, and added power wiring thru the relay contacts.
Are there any plug and play wiring harnesses for our fog assemblies? I am not too inclined with such circuits. I understand a little but not much. Can anyone make this a little easier for me?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RCE2WIN, I understand that you have had no problems... Many other people have though... I somehow feel that I will because that is just my luck

You would need to add a relay, with the headlight wires going only to the relay coil, and added power wiring thru the relay contacts.
Are there any plug and play wiring harnesses for our fog assemblies? I am not too inclined with such circuits. I understand a little but not much. Can anyone make this a little easier for me?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just picked up two new fog lamp assemblies from 2 different 01 R/T's at the local junkyard for $100.

Will 55W bulbs burn the reflectors and cause them to discolor? The fogs I took out had different color reflectors... One was a purplish black and one was a goldish bronze..... These new ones are still chrome... (havent gotten my 55w Golds yet)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.