DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi avery one
Is the 97 ES a very good star when it come to Intrp's?
The car Iam thinking of getting. Is Blk, no dents, a 3.5,
leather, 88,000 mil, like new tires. all for $3,900 from a
car dealer as is. I live near Gw bridge on the NJ side.
On route46 there are many car dealers, this could be why the price is some what low. I have read some of the forums, but I meed to come up to speed on the Intrp. I like the 97ES.
Is there anthing I need to look for, that stands out when I take it test drive?.
Any tip would be helpful. thanks:cool:

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
see how well the tranny shifts...also look for shimmy in the front end to make sure the tierod ends are ok. listen for any unusual sounds from the engine.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Also, run the vin number on something like carfax, that can tell you the history of the car.

Take it for something like a 30 minute drive, and when you park it, check the engine codes by starting from the ignition off position. Turn the key to ac power on, but dont turn over the engine, then back off, on, off, on. Could the number of times the light flashes. The numbers are always in pairs. 55 at the end means end of test. post your results here and we'll be happy to look up the codes for you.

That way you'll know if there is some kind of problem with the car. :) I honestly hope that helps greatly. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts