DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello..
I have a 94 Intrepid 3.5L and with a 121,000 miles on it. I 'm having a small issue with it. When I first start the car in the morning it seems to start off in 2nd gear and the speedometer sometimes does not work. So I stop turn the car off and then turn it back on and the car shifts perfect and the speedo works. I have replaced both speed sensors and that did not fix the problem. Also the Transmission was rebuilt 20,000 miles ago. When it does NOT act up the trans shifts perfect! It seems when I turn the car off/on something seems reset itself. Has anybody heard off the ignition switch going bad in these cars? Any help would be appreciated!

Scott

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
welcome to the site, and enjoy. if you search the forums, you will find the maybe replacing the input and output sensor on the tranny will solve the problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Again

I have replaced both speed sensors and the ignition switch. My car is have reading that Limp In Mode/Erratic Instrument Operation. I noticed there is a TSB on it. Are Tranmission Cointrol Modules common on these?

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
sorry, didnt read that, i know there is an update from chrysler, but i dont know it that will correct your problem. sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts