DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I AM REPLACING MY SHIFT SOLENOID PACK AND FOUND BRASS SEVERAL SHAVINGS IN PAN ANYONE KNOW WHERE THEY MAY HAVE COME FROM? THANKS Bob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the transaxle think it may have been the tq conv not sure thank 4 the reply

·
Registered
168 Posts
brass is a specific and less common metal in the trannies. sound slike bushing material. either way it is severe wear if not failure of a part or parts. these trannies can be replaced with later years units around up to early 2000s years along with the TCM on driver side inner fender next to battery and with a coupel wire plugs splices on tranny to match. is an easya nd cheap upgrade to later model upgraded unit for the early years cars 93-97 especially. hopefulyl you flushed the cooler completely too,.

·
Premium Member
16,687 Posts
brass is a specific and less common metal in the trannies. sound slike bushing material. either way it is severe wear if not failure of a part or parts. these trannies can be replaced with later years units around up to early 2000s years along with the TCM on driver side inner fender next to battery and with a coupel wire plugs splices on tranny to match. is an easya nd cheap upgrade to later model upgraded unit for the early years cars 93-97 especially. hopefulyl you flushed the cooler completely too,.
Might need to swap in original transfer sprockets and chain set. Maybe can avoid wire splices by also swapping range sensor (wire splices might be easier? but not as “clean”).

I forget if pinion factor (for speedo and odo accuracy) is in the TCM or PCM if you did want to change to a higher ratio transfer sprocket set with the replacement tranny for higher performance, but pinion factor would need to be adjusted (by setting a different tire size in TCM or PCM) to maintain speedometer/odo accuracy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts