DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the General form & was told it belonged here so I hope I'm doing the right thing by reposting here:

At crusing speed my '94 LHS will drop to 200 rpms, sometimes recovering after a few seconds & other times it stalls. This usually happens within the first 10 miles of a 35 mile commute to work. When I brought it in to the dealer, there were no codes in the computer & of course they couldn't duplicate the problem. This has been occurring quite often for months but seems to be getting worse in the last 2 weeks with stalls happening about 75% of the time. (It used to recover most of the time) Any ideas? I'm about at my whits end.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the EXACT SAME problem with a 94 Dodge Intrepid ES. As it turns out, a spark plug wire had gone bad, but I didn't figure that out until I replaced my spark plugs, plug wires and coil pack. Bought all parts at a local Auto Zone auto parts store. Buying and installing the parts were painless and took very little time -- make sure you gap the plugs correctly and attach the correct plug wire to the correct post on the coil pack. Problem disappeared!

Now, I need some help with another problem : will post as separate
topic.

Thank you!!!

[email protected]

·
Registered
366 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 3.3l concorde, my problem turned out to me a bad crankshaft sensor($90 at my local dealer)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For anyone who might encounter this problem:

UPDATE! Problem solved! At least I hope so. Was on the way to the Chrysler dealer when it happened again. Upon arriving, I kept the car running with the check engine light on & they were able to put it on the computer & read a Cam sensor code. Upon shutting off the car & restarting, the code was gone. Hope that since the code never held in the past, it isn't that the PCM is going.:biggrin:

Thanks to those who responded with advice!

Mo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts