DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LHs was involved in an accident with an 18 wheeler, wiped out the drivers side of car. However I was able to limp home with it, hurt my pride more than anything. Car sat for about a week until I figgured out what to do with it. OK now we take it to the body shop and get the ole girl fixed up. Only problem is she refuses to fire. We have no fuel, my buddy says its the pump, so I entertain him and let him put a pump in her. Guess what, still no fuel ! So now we do it my way, after checking find out not only no fuel also no spark. Checked all the relays, fuses, sensors, breakers, also anything that looked like any of the above. Everything checks out ok. So we go to the local salvage yard , remove a PCM and the Coil from another 94 that we heard run before we removed them, and installed on mine. Guess what , still no start again. Im thinking that theres a remote possibility that it might be the ignition switch. Anyone here have any other ideas ? About ready to pull my hair out here.

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
How many miles on your LHS? If you have anywhere near 100K your timing belt may have snapped.

However, i'd bet on the cam sensor or crank sensor being bad. If the computer doesn't read anything, or gets bad data from those sensors, it triggers the auto-shutdown relay. Auto shutdown kills spark and fuel, and is designed to prevent the engine from being damaged.

If the t-belt did snap, the cam sensor won't be reporting any data, and again, the ECU will trigger auto-shutdown.

I am almost positive its one of those two problems.

Good luck, let us know how it goes

·
Registered
964 Posts
Check for codes using the "key dance" method. Throwing parts at a problem can get expensive. Just my $0.02.

FredB

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree

I agree with LHSdriver01. Sounds like the timing to me. You may be able to see if the belt has snapped by pulling the camshaft position sensor and looking inside. If it is there on the camshaft sprocket it still may have jumped timing. You can't tell if that has happend without removing the timing case covers- that's is a lot of work and a PITA. One other possibility is that in the course of the body work being done some wiring got damaged or disconnected. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update......... Pulled the cam sensor, and the timming cover, wanted to have a clear view. Belt is intact, was replaced about 10 k ago anyway. Still is in good condition. Onlt thing is I will have to replace the cam sensor , since it did not come out easy. Also piece on bottom of it was missing.Will replace with new sunday and post results (or not ) ,Thanks Guys for all your help.

·
Dain bramaged
7,208 Posts
also beware, while u didn't specify how bad the damage was, the cars harness runs behind the driver side fender, so if that area got crushed, you may have a harness issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ME too

I am having the same problem, crazy thing is in my accident it was a deer, and all it did was knock out the headlight and turn signal, and mess up the hood. Didnt even mess up either fender. Did you get your running? What was it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts