DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom's got a friend with a '94 Intrepid whose paint is peeling so badly they had to repaint the whole car for free. It's taken them over a week because they can't get the primer to stick. I hadn't heard of a problem with peeling paint on these cars before. I thought the Chrysler paint disease was fixed by 94. Does anybody else have an early model 'Trep whose paint fell off?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Mine did not (94 ES), however, there was a huge problem with the minivans and a few Dodge Rams.

I'm not sure how there could be a problem with primer sticking if it was sanded down to bare metal. Metal is metal...kinda baffles me.

At least you are getting it done for free. A lot of people had to file in court with Chrysler just to have them paint their car over.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Originally posted by -=Matt=-:
My mom's got a friend with a '94 Intrepid whose paint is peeling so badly they had to repaint the whole car for free. It's taken them over a week because they can't get the primer to stick. I hadn't heard of a problem with peeling paint on these cars before. I thought the Chrysler paint disease was fixed by 94. Does anybody else have an early model 'Trep whose paint fell off?
mine is just starting a big chunk the size of a half dollar come off my roof today! how did he get it done for free cause it look as if its just going to start get worse!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by ru4adodge:
mine is just starting a big chunk the size of a half dollar come off my roof today! how did he get it done for free cause it look as if its just going to start get worse!!!!! :mad:
Dunno how, I'll look into it for you. Got a rental while it was in the shop and everything, not a bad deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts