DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently live in Conway and work about ten miles away in Greenbrier. Highway 65 runs between the two with some amazing straight stretches of about 3 miles long with some gradual curves in between, any racers dream.

Any way I was on my way home last night when I spot this black and chrome 2010 Chrysler 300 with blacked out windows pull up next to me at the light. This guy had some exhaust work done because this thing sounded pretty mean. Light turned green and I sat there a minute to get a better look at the car. Well he apparently thought i wanted to race because he revved up the engine and took off.:poopoo:

I floored it and took off after him catching him about a hundred yards up the road and blowing by him doing about 75 down the first straight stretch. Headed into the second stretch I opened her up all the way and took off to the light doing about 125 with him tryin to keep up.

We finally get up to the light and he rolls down his window asking what the hell i had under the hood. The look on this guys face was priceless when I told him it was just a 3.3 v6. Apparently he thought with his 3.5 HO he could race anyone.

I hate to have to mark down this kill because I love the Chrysler 300's (that includes the 300m too guys).:D

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,616 Posts
Congrats to you for whippin' his arse!

I like the 300's also, but prefer the 300M's. Although nice the 300C's look like a poor man's wanna be Bentley.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nice kill. He might have had a bigger engine, but you are around 300lbs lighter, and have a much nicer look. All the 300's are is a box on wheels with a decent looking front end! First gen FTW!

·
get off my lawn
15,505 Posts
but ill tell you what,, a good running 3.3 will put a hurting on a 300m, 3.5 too,, the 3.3 in my mom in laws concorde is one heck of a peppy SOB

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Be honest, I lost interest once I read "I hit 125" All 3.3 Pcms were limited to either 108 or 115 mph. No ifs, No ands, Not Buts.

However beating the V6 300c is a believable deal. Its a heavy car. I can only imagine how much a dog the 2.7 is in it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My pcm would have been limited to exactly those speeds. Had i not gotten ahold of one from a first gen interceptor with a 3.3 :) no limiter.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
My pcm would have been limited to exactly those speeds. Had i not gotten ahold of one from a first gen interceptor with a 3.3 :) no limiter.

There is only one 3.3 in existence that ever had a no limiter Or hit 125 plus. And I have alot of it's parts in my room. (so does Dave)

No 3.3 LH was a police unlimited Interceptor. Never. In fact there are rarely any First gen police cars regardless and all of those were the 3.5s. And the PHP 3.5 PCM has been tested on a 3.3 with no luck,

So please, don't try to fool one of Di.net's resident First Gen gurus, and especially one who owns a 3.3. Much less owns half of a Shelby Racing 3.3.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,011 Posts
A 1st gen 3.3L Interceptor? Woot! I doubt it....Dude!

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
There is only one 3.3 in existence that ever had a no limiter Or hit 125 plus. And I have alot of it's parts in my room. (so does Dave)

No 3.3 LH was a police unlimited Interceptor. Never. In fact there are rarely any First gen police cars regardless and all of those were the 3.5s. And the PHP 3.5 PCM has been tested on a 3.3 with no luck,

So please, don't try to fool one of Di.net's resident First Gen gurus, and especially one who owns a 3.3. Much less owns half of a Shelby Racing 3.3.
:highfive: ...LOL

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fayetteville Arkansas did have a few first gen interceptors. Two of which had the 3.3. Even if the PCM didn't come stock as an unlimited PCM, they can still be programmed to remove the speed limiter (confirmed this with dodge). The fastest I have been clocked in my first gen at top speed was 130. That little maneuver almost cost me my license.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh almost forgot. I didn't want to start any arguments or anything with this thread. Sorry it wound up that way though.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Fayetteville Arkansas did have a few first gen interceptors. Two of which had the 3.3. Even if the PCM didn't come stock as an unlimited PCM, they can still be programmed to remove the speed limiter (confirmed this with dodge). The fastest I have been clocked in my first gen at top speed was 130. That little maneuver almost cost me my license.
how could you accurately clock your speed at 130, when the speedometer stops at 120? :spiders:

·
Registered
534 Posts
how could you accurately clock your speed at 130, when the speedometer stops at 120? :spiders:
Well he said it almost cost him his license so I suppose a cop pulled him over on it.

And I'd love to know where to get it reprogrammed Because mine cut off at like 105 today, but I think it was just where I need the crank shaft sensor, because mine'll cut off at high rpm for a second then jump straight back up. But I was in 3rd gear going 105, at only 4k RPM, so I'd love to what it'll do with no limiter :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Also: I forget to say, the other day this guy in a Charger decided to race me. It had an R/T badge and said hemi on that flat black stripe going to the back. Well this was before I had the auto-stick hooked up, so I dropped it to 3 and I was thinking he'd just take off, but he tried and I flew right past him.

I hope he just didn't know how to control the car on a straight away, because if not it's sad that a stock 3.3 can beat a hemi Charger

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Also: I forget to say, the other day this guy in a Charger decided to race me. It had an R/T badge and said hemi on that flat black stripe going to the back. Well this was before I had the auto-stick hooked up, so I dropped it to 3 and I was thinking he'd just take off, but he tried and I flew right past him.

I hope he just didn't know how to control the car on a straight away, because if not it's sad that a stock 3.3 can beat a hemi Charger
no 3.3 can TOUCH a hemi charger...with the only exception being dave's or devan's racing 3.3's..and thats still a big maybe
he wasnt racing you...:hit1:

·
Registered
534 Posts
no 3.3 can TOUCH a hemi charger...with the only exception being dave's or devan's racing 3.3's..and thats still a big maybe
he wasnt racing you...:hit1:
He sure looked like he was trying to. The way he way acting and how he did that little flyby thing that ricer's usually do. He looked like some spoiled rich kid who thinks he can drive. It probably wasn't even a hemi but probably a hemi lookalike xD

My next door neighbor has a Mustang GT lookalike and I smoke it's 4.0 all the time in a 40 MPH side-by-side overpass -to-overpass race xD

Anyways, I'll stop jacking the thread now xD

1 - 20 of 29 Posts