DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this month marks exactly 1 year of ownership of my 1st Gen. Ohh, It's been long road for sure. Literally blood, sweat, and tears have been poured over her. From limp mode and steering issues to replacing worn and broken parts she is nearly complete. All is left is to pull out a dent in the hood from previous owner and have her repainted. Has the journey been worth it you ask? At first I felt "Oh crap! What have I gotten myself into." Now I have source of accomplishment and pride. 100% of the labor was performed myself saving me a small fortune. And I saved a long forgotten piece of automotive history.

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
So nice - post up some pictures.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Congratulations! It's great to read about someone else keeping a 1st Gen around. I hope to keep mine around long enough to reach antique status in FL, which is 30 years. Mine was manufactured 08/1995 as a 1996 model. Car really stands out among the flashy new BMWs, Mercs, Lexus and all the other cars with LED headlights and tail lights.

My body is pretty straight, has a lot of small dings and people must have sat on the hood and trunk and left creases on the upper edge of the hood and trunk. They were there when I got it. It would take a lot of sheet metal straightening. Zero rust. It's a survivor.

Good luck keeping it up. And yes, lets see some pictures.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
If you can keep her, do it. I have my first car ever still. And because of it I am a member of this site. Even though the Charger is newer, faster, shiner, My Eagle gets garage no matter what. She has never let me down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts