DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a way to switch the passenger side to the drivers side. Or i will just go down to junk yard and yank one from the dead cars. For some reason since i got the car with 14,444 miles the damn seatbelt wont retract back when taking the belt off. I tried taking it apart and doing some winding with the spring but didnt help at all. Its a pain to keep pushing the left over belt back into hits holder in the pillar. Just wanted to know since im the only one in the car all the time if i could swap sides with the seatbelts. thanks

steve

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I'm not sure if you can swap the sides, but replacing them is very easy. You do need a larger torx-bit for the bolts.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the torx #40 or #60 or #80 socket . dont remember the number off hand. just hoping the swap will work or going to a junkyard and picking one out will be ok. i might just go to junkyard. Cant believe seatbelt went on me at 14,444 miles. what a defect in that. when i press the brake pedal hard while driving the tension on the belt gets tight which its supose to do in case of a accident. so i know that part of the belt works. Wish it would stop rainning here in ny for a couple of days so i can do some work on the car. i bought at the junkyard some weather stripping for the front doors. there starting to shrink around the pillars. also i got the rear defroster fixed and now the head units bulbs r shot. got a headunit from junkyard. i just have to replace the 4 bulbs in that also. so much work to do but weather here sucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts