DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got a bit of an interesting issue, and I can't seem to find any information on it.

As the title says, I drive a 1995 Intrepid ES. Now, since I've owned the car, the remote has never worked (I even tried replacing the battery, but the contacts are just completely worn out). Normally, this isn't a problem because I could just unlock it using the key, and it would disarm the alarm. That is until today, because now nothing I do will disarm it. Short of buying a new remote, I have no idea what to do. Is there a way to make the car driveable until I can get a new remote?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, that thread actually gave me some hope. Now, I've tried taking the driver door panel off in the past, and couldn't get it to come off of the front. Is there a trick with these to get it to come off, or am I just dumb?

·
Registered
254 Posts
If I recall correctly, there are screws all along the bottom edge, one in the handle, another behind the door handle maybe, then you have to pop off the speaker cover and there are more inside there I believe.

Once you think you have all the screws out, you slide the whole panel up to release the clips. Don't pull straight out or the clips will break. It should slide up and off pretty easily if you found all the screws. It will hang up by some wires and the door handle, which can be unplugged and disconnected.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the update:
It turns out the entire problem was that the wire had come off of the lock cylinder. I reconnected it, and now my car's alarm system disarms the way it did before. I love it when problems have easy solutions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts