DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

95 vision tsi anti theft

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  redmax 
#1 ·
I have a 95 eagle vision and having a couple problems. First one is that my instrument cluster will just quit working and when it quits working the only thing that works us the airbag light I also lose wipers, radio, and heat controls when it goes out. Some times it comes right back on and sometimes it could take couple days to come back on. My second problem is that my anti theft will go off and car will start and shut down 3 seconds later and all lights inside car flash, I was able to lock door with key and open trunk with key then wait and it would reset but now that don't work anymore so I ordered key fobs and programed it thinking that it would reset it but that don't work either. What can I do to bypass the whole system?

#2 ·
I would check the communication main bus , my 95 Intrepid over head compass was shorted and it did almost the same thing as your car. It blew the BCM buss fuse, the PO put a much bigger fuse in which blew the BCM. Since you have the alarm system you have to use the BCM with three plugs. DO NOT REPLACE it with the BCM with two plugs as it will brick the PCM. As it must communicate an authorization code to the PCM to start the engine, it is part of the anti theft system handshake between the two computer systems. I know no way to bypass the security system. After I replaced the BCM it still blew fuses so I disconnected everything on the buss, PS , HVAC, Mirrors, ABS, Sound system, etc. And I just plugged one is at a time until the fuse blew, It was the compass, I replaced it with one out a 96 NYer and it has been fine ever since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.