DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey..just a quick question. Im looking at getting a car to last me thru at least the winter, I found a 95 intrepid for 500$ with 250k on the motor, the car is in perfect shape. Might need new rotors to pass safety?

Also a 97 for 900 with the same amount of milage, car is in good shape as well. Might need a new oilpan to pass a safety.

I was just wondering if i should get the 97 or the 95...For 500$ you cant really go wrong?

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
I vote '95 for simplicity of OBDI and the fact that it only needs rotors. If you are doing the work yourself, this is the easiest and probably cheapest route to go. If you are having others do the work, this is probably the cheapest also...

However...

I vote the '97 for the OBDII for the fact that it will report so much more back to you for diagnostics... as for the repair, if you are doing the work yourself, replacing the pan (or probably just gasket unless it is a bad drain plug) is a bit of a pain in the butt for the front 3-4 bolts, otherwise it isn't that bad... it's just a little messy.

For $500-$900, you can't go wrong if you do the work yourself... Might talk the $900 down a bit... if you can, go for the '97...

I know, I was probably of NO help. *chuckles* I hate these kinds of decisions!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Year doesnt make much difference here. They are both old. I would base my decision on wear, tires, paint, ect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts