DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this forum and surfed around to get a taste what you guys are like.. I have a 92 SE-R and my father then brother own the 96 3.5.. We all love both cars as different as they are.. It seems you guys find it even more diffult to do mods than us SE-R guys do.. I've done a few free so called ghetto mods on my car..

advanced timing from 14 to 17
cleaned throttle body
disabled EGR valve
re grounded MAF to the engine block

i see you've all killed intake resonators like me.

i won't be in here real often but will stop by to learn stuff my bro and i can do to the Intrep. you seem to have much in common with us SE-R drivers in terms of maturity and distaste for rice..

[ January 06, 2002: Message edited by: andy92SE-R ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,811 Posts
Welcome to the forums :D...i believe this is the best site for do-it-yourself mods beings as there is pretty much no aftermarket for the Intrepid. Hope you find them as useful as i have :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my dad just changed the intake manifold/injector gaskets on the intrep... it took us 2 weeks to diagnose that problem, tuning up the car in process. ha.. 80k on it and that was its first big problem.. is there a place he can post a procedure write up?

you guys run bendix rotors... i just got a set for my SE-R.. they were in stock for my car so i bought them

[ January 06, 2002: Message edited by: andy92SE-R ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Warlord187:
Sooooooooooooo.......what do you think of the Bendix rotors? :D

Had to ask. :D
well they cost enough for rear rotors at $52 each.. i'll let cha know when i get them on.. i should put them on the front for a true test.. how are they special?

sticking to intreps.. our 96 has a screwed up fog light switch and the radio doesn't pick up fm stations very often..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
he's kinda partial to bendix, he works for em!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by andy92SE-R:
well they cost enough for rear rotors at $52 each.. i'll let cha know when i get them on.. i should put them on the front for a true test.. how are they special?
Oh, I don't know. Have you checked out my signature and avatar??? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
even if you are cad, i thought you would know why bendix rotors are good.. did you take your quote when the Incubus song was popular?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by andy92SE-R:
even if you are cad, i thought you would know why bendix rotors are good.. did you take your quote when the Incubus song was popular?
Oh, my bad. When you asked how are they special, I misunderstood you. I thought you were asking why I cared what you thought of Bendix rotors. :)

As for what makes Bendix rotors good, well, what makes anything good. Quality control, good manufacturing processes, materials quality, etc... I deal more with the brakes than with hardparts (rotors, calipers, etc.).

As for the quote, Incubus just plain rocks. I have their last three CD's. :D They put on a good concert too. :)

Again my bad. I misunderstood your question. :)

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: Warlord187 ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Warlord187:
Oh, my bad. When you asked how are they special, I misunderstood you. I thought you were asking why I cared what you thought of Bendix rotors. :)

As for what makes Bendix rotors good, well, what makes anything good. Quality control, good manufacturing processes, materials quality, etc... I deal more with the brakes than with hardparts (rotors, calipers, etc.).

As for the quote, Incubus just plain rocks. I have their last three CD's. :D They put on a good concert too. :)

Again my bad. I misunderstood your question. :)

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: Warlord187 ]
i know that "" has been around but the only source i could place it from in my brain is Incubus.. good guess, yeah they'll be around for a while.. i can't do my brakes till i drill out a sheared off bolt on the torque plate of ancient se-r.. or yank wheel studs.. long sore story..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Hey, Andy, welcome to the boards, youve come to the right place!

I got a question? do you have any clue how much i could find one of those sentra's that you got for? and are they reliable? faster than the treps? [having a tough time picturing a 92 sentra right now?]

I recently totalled my trep and am not sure what im gonna replace it with. I can probably afford about $10k at most, financed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by 97purple_trep:
Hey, Andy, welcome to the boards, youve come to the right place!

I got a question? do you have any clue how much i could find one of those sentra's that you got for? and are they reliable? faster than the treps? [having a tough time picturing a 92 sentra right now?]

I recently totalled my trep and am not sure what im gonna replace it with. I can probably afford about $10k at most, financed.

hey man, i dunno your location. i'm sure you can find an SE-R with a little effort.. i spent a few months finding my 92. Sentra SE-R's were made from 91-94. there are 200sx SE-R's 95 and up.. there also the G20's and NX2000.. the G20's are grandma cars though.. you might miss some of comforts of the Intrepid that notice every time i drive it.. SE-R's not at refined as treps. 3.5k on the highway (7.5k redline) so it's a buzzy commute. more rattles than the trep too. lack of room inside.. no split rear folding seat. ha.. like most treps i guess.. think of the SE-R as a boy racer car that goes virtually noticed till you hit the gas.. it actually feels faster than it is due to great low end torque unlike the trendy vtec's..




[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: andy92SE-R ]
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top