DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
If it's a 3.3 you don't have any worries about the engine. Change the tranny fluid (Plus 3 or plus 4) and filter. Around those miles you may be needing inner tie rod bushings, and the struts are probably getting a little flabby. I'd figure on putting another 800-1000 into it to bring it up to top condition. You can get along without the struts if you are cheap and don't mind a wallowy ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MAN right before I went he called and was like "we tried to move the car to the side of the lot and heard somethin slip we didnt like, we took it to the repair shop". I guess cuz my dad is a mechanic and knew all there is to know, he decided to wise up. Does this mean a dud deal... or should we go back and tst drive it

Also I need this car for college in 2 weeks... so I hope its good enough. IF NOT anyone have any suggestions for a great car with alot of room like that.

<< FL 33020

GWF <3.
God Bless <3.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check every bushing under the car, there are a boat-load of them and they go bad. Symptoms are clunking and a lot of play in the steering.

Check the spark plug wells for oil if it has a 3.5 (I don't know about the 3.3).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.