DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*First post*
Ive used this site so many times for references to problems I and many friends have had with much luck..without having to post..

when i start my car in the mourning and drive out the parking lot (apartment building lot) i head up the street towards the first stop sign.. just before that when the cars ready to shift into second it bumps pretty hard.. also when I let off the gas you can feel it loose power little jerky..its like the gas is touchy..the mounts might be a little loose because the car has a LITTLE vibration when you hold the brake in (0mph/0kph) drive or reverse. but goes away immediatly when i let off the brake.. also if you floor it (say on the highway) it it shakes a little in the high rpm starts above 3,500rpm-4,000rpm id say (my buddys van a 93 caravan with 3.3 does it also 135,000km very low for year,with loose mounts) i dont think the mounts have much to do with the problem when the car is cold.. im looking for input.. obviously i could get a new tranny or rebuild this one.. but its expensive and the car runs fine all day.. just in the mourning its intense knowing its about to happen.. i ve used a bottle of tranny additive but that was jsut last night and it didnt really help this mourning although the rest of the gears are switching noticeable smoother.. the car drives amazing no suspenion or motor problems exuast is solid..(ive heard of vib coming from mis allinged exuast) although the starter went a month ago.. sorry for a real long post..
aha i remember another possible culprit.. i am 2nd owner of car.. original was in minor front end accident.. car still has the love tap on the front to this day.. (not bad at all u cant see it very bottom corner of bumper) everything was fixed but maybe tran is hurting from it now??

ASLO! check engine light was always on.. then more recently its not on anymore! wont come back on.. dissconected battery before but it always came back on almost right away from driving..

any ideads of whats goin on here..

Kingston,ontario canada
Car came from Toronto ontario canada (thats the prob)

ive owned a 94 and a 99 intrpied there great if your a good driver lol

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
My car does that to, and it is a 2nd Gen. From what I understand the
hard-shifting is caused by the ATF being a different viscosity when cold compared to when it is warmed up. It really isn't anything to worry about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts