DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mechanic friend of mine gave me a call the other day, becuase he knew i was having trouble with my car and almost needed a new motor, his shop has a rear-ended 96 LHS that was left there with a running motor/tranny that they will let go for $500..

It has leather interior too, anyone know if the seat are interchangeable?

Im tempted, it would be nice to have a spare motor kicking around, and leather seats :)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
don't take it, but give me the number. :)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
you should take the 3.5 out of it and put it in your ****ed-up ride, wildcat.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
ok. Take the 3.5 out, bore out the cylenders (go oversize) take a cut off the head (higher compression ratio) grind the valves, and clean up the heads. That engine would be a smooth runnin kittn with some extra power to boot. Stick in place of your current 3.5 and enjoy. :p

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I'll buy it from ya. my current repairs are now upwards of $1300. that is like.. nothin compared to this. :p

Why did I buy a 'trep again?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
97 Sport: read the rest of my "eagle has landed" post... she lives on. :)

I saw the car on my lunch break today. When the said it was hit from behind, they didn't mention it was by a pack of charging rhinos :eek:

The body is severely tweaked, the rear doors where shoved into the B pillar, the front passenger door will not open and the roof is buckled. The fuel tank is gone, it seperated from the car in the accident, the airbags are deployed, the windshield and almost all the glass is gone, the radio is missing. :rolleyes: on the positive note the enigine has only 42K on it and it supposedly starts.

The car was written off by some small insurance company, and they never came to collect the car and eventually handed the title over to the shop to cover the storage costs they were going to charge them.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
for 500 bucks i'd take the engine anyway. it'd be a lot of fun to tweak out. maybe even try and hook up a 5-speed to it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
For 500 shells, I would take it! Since you have a white car,(I think it was you who posted) all the leather interior is interchangeable, not to mention the motor, trans, wheels, radiator, fenders, front end, blah blah blah.....

Always good to have some spare parts, and for 500 bucks, and a good weekend to totally rip it apart, sounds like a good investment. As long as you have a place to store all the goodies you grab off of it. Then you can swap things at your leisure.

I would do it just for the leather seats if all is in good shape!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well she's all mine, i talked him down to $400 becuase ill have to dispose of the body when im finished..

Cleared some space at the storage bin for my extra parts, had it towed to my dads place so we can dismember it over the weekend..

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
WildCat, got any pics of it?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
hey wildcat, you should try removing the intake plenum and spraying it, as well as that black cover, HEMI orange. i would do it but i don't want to take the plenum off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is the front bumper intact? Would the front bumper of an LHS fit on an Intrepid? If so, and it has the fogs (a key part since the Trep lights are so bad), I might be interested in buying the front bumper and fog light assys off you. I go to school in Gettysburg, PA, but am from CT and will be back in state next weekend.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
The bumpers are different. The fog lights on an LHS are right next to the headlamps, pretty cool if you ask me, I have great night vision with the lighting on my car.

Look at the pics on the link in my sig to see what the front bumper looks like.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry guys most of the body parts arent interchangable.. Some interior pieces are, the engine and tranny are, but the sheet metal is all different..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts