DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first off, I'm friends with the kid i raced. And it's not exactly a ford taurus. I'ts a ford Taurus STATION WAGON. OK, we're on our way from school to the hospital (where we volunteer) and he pulls along side me at a light right next to school. He revs his engine. I put my "**** off ur gonna die" face on :cool: . So the light turns green, we both floor it and im ahead by about 3 car legnths when this guy with a cadilac pulls into my lane as im goin 60mph. So I cut off my friend(who is the worst driver i've ever seen) and led him to the hospital. Sorry this story wasnt the greatest, but i bust him balls about trying to compete with my trep baby:devil: . Welp, see ya later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
Nice kill, but I could probably run faster than a 92 Taurus wagon. My friend has one, and it struggles to get to highway speeds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,811 Posts
It's beyond me why anyone who owns a wagon would be racing. At least you showed him what a stupid idea that was. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
Tru dat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
I've seen 2 taurus SHO wagons....they would hand almost anyone in these forums their asses.....except me of course :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
Grab2nd said:
I've seen 2 taurus SHO wagons....they would hand almost anyone in these forums their asses.....except me of course :biggrin:
obviously you are as stupid as your posts make you sound. There was only SHO wagon ever made, therefore there is no way in hell you saw two of them unless you are dumb enough to believe that a Taurus wagon with SHO badging is an SHO

don't beleve me?? look it up yourself at SHOtimes

now why don't you take your little bow tie and shut up?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,708 Posts
ok, seriously, where the hell do all these SHO people keep coming from? and why dont they stay on their own Ford forums?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
I think the only Taurus SHO wagon was a one-off that one of the car mags did (I forget which one). As far as Station wagons go, some of those Volvo turbo-intercooled 'wagons could hit 152MPH......yeow! Too bad they look like a refigerator box on it's side with wheels stuck on it. Hmmmm.......wonder what my 2.7 'trep could do with a turbo-intercooler set up?:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,083 Posts
Okay mine is a 3.2L so I don't know what you see when you open the hood of a 2.7 but there ain't room for me to put nothin and I mean nothin under the hood... looks like they have to have a guy jump up and down on the motor at the end of the assembly line so they can close the hood... so I don't know where you would be puttin this turbo intercooler...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,811 Posts
joekd said:

still dont like the car but I do like the idea of a wagon handing some unexpecting kid his ass at a stoplight challenge
I don't like that idea at all. I'd pry be the "unexpecting kid"...:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
don't be too quick to judge that huge wagon sitting next to you at a light. if it's a chevy caprice or buick roadmaster, it may be packing an LT1 V8 under the hood...more than a match for even your R/Ts :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,083 Posts
How much do those old caprice wagons weigh? About 50 million lbs :) not to mention they haven't made them in about 10yrs... So not only is it heavy as **** but old too...

Please I'll take the brand new RT or even an ES against one of those monstrosities anyday. I bet even a 2.7 could smoke one of those tanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
alderran said:
How much do those old caprice wagons weigh? About 50 million lbs :) not to mention they haven't made them in about 10yrs... So not only is it heavy as **** but old too...

Please I'll take the brand new RT or even an ES against one of those monstrosities anyday. I bet even a 2.7 could smoke one of those tanks.
Don't take the riceboy way out and make judgements on a car that you haven't a clue about...

They were made 94-96. They weighed maybe 300lbs more than an Impala SS, and therefore were a couple ticks slower in the 1/4. like I said, give your R/Ts a run for the money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,083 Posts
I don't mind taking the rice boy way out because I have nothing against Japanese cars... In fact I would love to be driving one those Acura NSX's...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
loudpontiac said:


Don't take the riceboy way out and make judgements on a car that you haven't a clue about...

They were made 94-96. They weighed maybe 300lbs more than an Impala SS, and therefore were a couple ticks slower in the 1/4. like I said, give your R/Ts a run for the money.
First of all, it would have to be the Buick. The Caprice wagons were not made after 1993, and they were only made with the low output 5.0L (170hp) and 5.7L (180hp) engines, not the 260hp LT1. Since they weigh in at 4400lbs and put out 80-90hp less and weigh 500lbs more than the LT1 counterparts, the 1/4 mile times are more than a half second slower, putting them into the low 16 second territory...definatley not a challenge for the R/T, or any Intrepid for that matter, save the 2.7L and 3.3Ls.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
LHSer said:


First of all, it would have to be the Buick. The Caprice wagons were not made after 1993, and they were only made with the low output 5.0L (170hp) and 5.7L (180hp) engines, not the 260hp LT1. Since they weigh in at 4400lbs and put out 80-90hp less and weigh 500lbs more than the LT1 counterparts, the 1/4 mile times are more than a half second slower, putting them into the low 16 second territory...definatley not a challenge for the R/T, or any Intrepid for that matter, save the 2.7L and 3.3Ls.
Actually, all the '94-'96 B-body wagons came standard with the LT1. Only the sedans had the 4.3L V8.

Back in HS a friend of mine's mom had a Caprice wagon. We suprised a good bit of people with it at stoplights :D
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top