DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While turning my headlights on tonight, the headlight knob snapped off. it has the headlight fog option as well. It has been a bit wonly lately anyway, so this is no surprise. It looks like it was cracked and only a matter of time before it let go. The switch looks complicated do I need replace the entire unit or can I just replace the knob.
I am the second if not third owner and the previous owners have done some very odd things to it, so a broken headlight knob does not surprise. But it is frustrating.

·
Garfield Rules
10,352 Posts
all you need to do is pull off the end cap/ fuse box cover, then you will see a screw holding on the headlight switch bezel remove that screw and the pull off the bezel there will be a clip near the steering column you can get your hand between the bezel and the column you can pull it away from the dash, remove the 3 screws holding on the switch and disconnect the black and gray plugs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what should I expect to pay for an new module? Just curious, but how can somebody break a knob? This car has a good 3.3l engine, the transmission is solid and the body is fairly good shape. The previous owners did some bizarre things to it. like the air bag light is always on and the steering wheel is cockeyed and when the high beam's are on the check engine light is comes on too.

·
Registered
8,992 Posts
Knowing that you have the fog lights the previous owner probably didn't know how to turn them on and tuned the switch to far instead pulling the switch out with the headlights on.

www.rockauto.com has them for various prices depending on what you have but i would try a bone yard first.

As far as the air bag light i would check the fuse and the wheel being cockeyed that's probably do to a poorly done front end alignment.

The high beam light turning on the check engine light is probably from the bulb melting the plastic in between them and its shining through.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Graham:
I apologize for the delay in responding to you. I will send you a cheque for $40 to
Graham Nichols
Box 6
Alyesford NS
B0P 1 C0
Please confirm your address.
Thank you for your patience
Shane

1 - 20 of 21 Posts