DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

61 - 80 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Wow!...finally after 2 and a half months of searching I finally got a factory bra. The first one I tried getting off of Ebay turned into a nightmare from hell. The guy dicked me around for over a month and I had to file a complaint with Ebay and PayPal because he disappeared. I did manage to get my money back from the stupid idiot. I think the guy was on drugs or something worse.
Here are some pics of the one I did find though. It was only used for a couple of months and in excellent condition, and I just had to put it on to what it would look like. Now, today I have to take it off before the Trep gets parked for winter. :crying:

·
Registered
11 Posts
thats a hott trep! I am new to these and I have a chrysler 3.3 as well. I like your mods I will keep in touch and keep you posted with how mine is coming along. Kinda got a head start with remote start and eclipse CD Player in it when I bought it. I am going to be completing the system in spring Pics will be up soon. Its down because I am replacing the subframe bushings this weekend.

·
Registered
11 Posts
nice

thats a hott trep! I am new to these and I have a chrysler 3.3 as well. I like your mods I will keep in touch and keep you posted with how mine is coming along. Kinda got a head start with remote start and eclipse CD Player in it when I bought it. I am going to be completing the system in spring Pics will be up soon. Its down because I am replacing the subframe bushings this weekend.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Couple of Items Added

Well, I found some time to do a couple of more things to the Trep. I
finally finished tinting my 4 reflectors, now it looks a little more complete.

Next thing I added was some red wire loom and red painted accents to the dip stick handles etc. Not sure if I like it though...

·
Registered
12 Posts
i think the the bright red under the hood should be darker if you could but alas I'm sure you can't find it in a darker red color... Wish i had the money to do what you have done.... i want the auto stick for my 3.5 L that would be a nice addition to my trep... For now i need to save money as the baby is on the way in about 6 weeks... I would take pics of mine but alas i am superstitious so i won't... Its a work in progress tho...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I want that headliner! What is involved in replacing the orginal one with that nice one you have?? Best place to get one?
I also love the matching color detail on the interior. Can you describe what you went through to do that???

·
Registered
26 Posts
It looks very nice. I too am riding a base model, and fighting with the idea to upgrade or not. I need a like minded friend with a similar car and desire to move forward on making this a project car.

Speaking of which. I really like the look of the air dam on these cars, and wonder if anybody has modified them with fiberglass? There are many cool variations that would be possible. Any idea what other cars air dams could be modified to fit this car?

Darcy, I'm impressed with your car finish, its hard to believe you've not repainted it? I've got paint flaws on mine that would mean some repainting and I'm finding that can be very pricey.

Oh...where do you get the INTREPID Windshield Banner?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Thanks. I would say if you love your Intrepid as much as I love mine, I would spend the time and money to upgrade it. Thats if it's in good condition and doesn't need lots of body work and so on.

I don't know of anyone off hand that has modified the rear spoiler, personally I like the factory ones myself. They look pretty nice, mine isn't the factory
spoiler, it's one that I got from the bone yard and had it painted.

I've got paint flaws on mine as well as chips etc. the camera does lie...a little, lol
I take very good care of the paint and only use the best products on it.

The INTREPID Windshield Banner I got off of eBay Motors a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't know of anyone off hand that has modified the rear spoiler, personally I like the factory ones myself. They look pretty nice, mine isn't the factory
spoiler, it's one that I got from the bone yard and had it painted.........
The INTREPID Windshield Banner I got off of eBay Motors a couple of years ago.
I don't want to modify the spoiler just add one. You said you installed one with the built in LED's brake light? Can you give me a link that describes how to do that install? Obviously, you need to draw power and route it up the trunk.

I did find a company that makes banners, thank you.

Also, I think you said you have a floor shifter? I'm still trying see a picture of someone who's installed the front bucket seats that has a column shifter. What does one do with that space in the middle?

61 - 80 of 128 Posts