DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #101 (Edited)
I look at this thread almost everytime I get on here LOL
I actually am getting a lot of my ideas and inspiration for my trep from this thread, I have one quick question though, how much did it cost to get your headrest's embroidered? And what did you have to do to get them done? I've got the rear leather seats, and am about to be getting the fronts, and I kinda wanna steall your idea with that. So do I just need to bring the headrests in somewhere for it? Or do I need to actually remove the leather first?

Thanks in advance.
Well it cost me more then I wanted to spend that day, lol. It was $50 CND. not to bad I guess? First I took the head rests off the seats then pulled the vinyl covers off. Then I made the rt logo using Microsoft Paint and printed it off on my printer, next I took it to a T-shirt shop called the Dogs Ear here in town. They do logo's and embroidery on shirts, hats, jackets and so on. I showed the photocopy of the rt logo to guy there and he then had to fax it to a guy in Calgary Alberta. This guy in turn made a floppy disc with the logo so it could be used on there embroidery machine. That's about it.

I still have the image of the the R\T logo I used if you want it, just drop me a PM with you email if you do or if anyone else wants it.
If you have anymore questions let me know and I'll try and help you out.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I would luv to do the SRT logo on my headrest but I dont like the idea of taking off the covers! LOL is it hard to take em off?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
You should, that would look good. Do you have the still have the original seats and head rests now? If you do they come off quite easy, I didn't have much trouble at all getting them off and back on again.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
so how did U get them off? explain please...if its not too hard then I will get them done this winter when the trep is in storage

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
ok thanks for the link, but that only explains how to remove the headrest (which I already knew) but not how to remove the vinyl off the headrest...get it? LOL

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
i love the trep man! working on mine slowly but surely.
Thanks! I love mine as well. It does take time to get them looking and running good. It took me about 7 years, a little at a time. ;)

Beautiful! Need more pix and include interior. This looks to me like a candidate for the upcoming vote on COTM October.
Thanks! I'll try and get some new pics up soon with the interior. I haven't updated my sig page in quite awhile. Definitely time for an update. lol

I'm in the semi-final voting right now for September.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know threads probably dead but I'm trying the OTIS/climate control/Premium BCM mod on my 97. Im wondering how you did it? Did you swap the entire inner dash? or did you pull only the harnesses you needed? I have a Base 3.3L Intrepid and I'm trying to take out of a '95 Concorde.
Would most of the harnesses i need for this project be behind the dash of my intrepid?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
No, the threads are not quite dead yet lol. If your going to do most any of these mods, the wiring harnesses are in most cases already factory pre installed in the 96 & 97's. I did most of the upgrade mods except for the climate control, just never really got around to it. If your planning on doing the climate control mod all you may have to do is remove the lower part of the dash which makes things much easier to access. You will definitely will need the Premium BCM and a Sun Sensor for sure to complete the climate control mod.

Check out the "How-to" section with lots of great info!
http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forumdisplay.php?f=38

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have found out that the interior part of the HVAC systems are different between the 2 cars. The wires in the pigtail and the harnesses themselves are different. I'm not sure how to remove the box where the heater core is. The Concorde's says "ATC" and the trep's says "MAN AC". Any ideas on how to pull this "box"??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Haha, what's up man? You don't want to see the car right now. I've hit a deer and more clear coat is gone! I got those rims on though. I'm working on the interior first. Then I'll be fixing the exterior.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Ouch, But now pics are even more necessary!!

*EDIT* :doh: just realized what happened, but still... pics needed! SkyHawk, I haven't seen you in the Online Users List since 2011!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
I have found out that the interior part of the HVAC systems are different between the 2 cars. The wires in the pigtail and the harnesses themselves are different. I'm not sure how to remove the box where the heater core is. The Concorde's says "ATC" and the trep's says "MAN AC". Any ideas on how to pull this "box"??
Sorry I can't help you on that one. Kinda remember wanting to do it years ago, maybe that was one reason why I never did mine lol!

Ouch, But now pics are even more necessary!!

*EDIT* :doh: just realized what happened, but still... pics needed! SkyHawk, I haven't seen you in the Online Users List since 2011!!
Hey Mike! No, I've be on every now and then, checking on things and making a few posts here and there lol!

As for new pics of the car, it really hasn't changed much. It still looks the same, except for some patches of the clear coat coming off the roof. Which bugs the hell out of me! But I'm planning on getting just the roof repainted hopefully sometime this summer. The only other thing I've upgraded in the past few years was a new HID headlight kit and tinted all the rear tail lights a little darker. That's about it.

The old girls been parked for the last few years now and only take her out about 5 or 6 times a year when it's nice out. Hopfully I can take her for a drive next weekend!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
I never thought to ask, but you have the oil pressure gauge still? How to do have it hooked up and what is your typical pressures like idling cold/hot driving rpms etc?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Hey Devan! Yes I still have it hooked up. The only thing is the car is parked and I don't drive it that much anymore, only about 4 or 5 times a year. I'm planning on taking it out early next week and I'll let you know on the PSI. The only thing is, it's one of those electric gauges so the needle kinda bounces around a lot to get a good reading. But I'll see what I can do for ya. :icon_wink

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Well finally got the old girl on the road for a couple of days with another newly installed windshield banner! It's been over 4 months since I last had her out on the road. One thing I can say, is after owning this car for the past 11 years I never got bored of driving her. Always a blast!

101 - 120 of 128 Posts