DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
'97 Prowler Computers

I have an Engine computer and Transmission computer from a '97 prowler up for sale.

The Engine computer was installed in my '96 intrepid (when I owned it), and I put about 2 miles on it. I took it out after the 2 mile test run, as it brought up a check engine light: "Invalid charging system" type error. '97 have a few subtle changes to the charging system that I never had time to research, so the computer sat out.

The Transmission computer has about 10K miles on it, I installed it, and drove with it in "daily driving" mode for the time that I owned the car. It has EXTREMLY firm shifts, and it will not shift at the shift points if you are in autostick mode (It will let you bounce off the rev limiter). I was able to get wheelspin on the 1-2 shift at WOT. I never had a chance to make it to the dragstrip, but I bet it would have had a small difference (the shifts were THAT much quicker).

Prices:
Engine Computer (ECM): $350 (or make an offer)
Part number: 04865933AF

Trans Computer (TCM): $150 (or make an offer)
Part number: R4865022AE

I don't really have any inkling for a discount to purchasing both, other than reduced shipping costs.

I reserve the right to cancel these when I see fit.

Reactions: IS300M

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
damn thats a high price, can get the used from a yard much cheaper then that but hope you get what ur asking for

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when I bought them, I could not find them in the yards. I haven't been looking lately, and will gladly adjust if someone can verify that the other price is atcually for the same exact part.

I will go fetch the part numbers off the packaging...

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Yeah right - good luck finding prowlers in the salvage yards...

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
u'd be surprsied what u can find in the junkyards now, espicalyl a 97

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
K guys, stay on topic please. Offers or serious inquireies only.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Does the transmission part go on the transmission or is it for the computer. I guess to simplify my question is it modified by the KB opt II? Will it's instillation interfere with the KB or will the KB override it's programming?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I can answer that sort of. I had a 1999 Prowler TCM in my 1999 300M with KB. The KB was unaffected but the TCM set a code in the 1999. If Lafrad says he got no code from the 1997 installation I would trust that and be optimistic. Beware however that this would be a FIRST gen application. The 1997 Prowler was the ONLY Prowler built with the 1st Gen 3.5 Liter engine.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
so that's a definate maybe? Sorry to Hijack Lafrad but just trying to secure some thoughts.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
This is a $187.03 TCM I took the part number to my dealer and recieved that quote. Good deal to whoever is interested...sorry i didn't grab the number for the pcm lafrad.

·
Registered
322 Posts
so if i stick the tcm in my 97 concorde it should be good to go or does anyone know and allow me to stick an autostick in later? When you say bounce of rev limiter u mean wont automatically shift for u unless u tell it to?

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
You would still need the AS shifter or have to run all teh wires and make a switch for it to AS

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Transmission computer will go in ANY first gen car, and is like an ÜBER shift kit. You cannot get shifts like this with those "clutch upgrades" or such. I know this, because I have ridden in intrepids with the "upgraded transmissions" and also ridden as a passenger in mine. you WILL NOT get shifts that are this quick unless you have the TCM.

I am unsure if it will go into a 2G car, I believe the connector is different.

The autostick part: That has been done MANY times, and there are a few How-To's on the boards. This TCM is classified as a "autostick TCM". Remember, it WILL NOT shift for you when you hit 6500 RPM. It will just bounce of the ECM's rev limiter.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
i'd offer up $100 or so if i had it lol

·
Registered
791 Posts
Archael said:
This is a $187.03 TCM I took the part number to my dealer and recieved that quote. Good deal to whoever is interested...sorry i didn't grab the number for the pcm lafrad.
That quote seems low. I thought the quote I got was over $400 (new), but that was a couple years ago. is that price for a refurb?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the part is a "refurb" for the TCM. the price Archael quoted sounds about right for a direct from dealer, before tax or shipping.

Sill no takers?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will not be offering a refund in the case of just a CEL. The product is outside of the manufacturer's warrenty, and a code can be thrown for any number of reasons (and most of those would be installer error).

If the product is DOA (not working whatsoever), I will work with you a bit to make sure its NOT an installation error, and if it still doesn't work, then after getting it back, I will issue the refund.

$100 after shipping seems a bit low for the tranny computer.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
$100 ain't to bad consdering you can get a TCm no matter who or what is is for $25

1 - 20 of 30 Posts