DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 sport. I am just getting out of debt so I can add some performance to it. I was curious how to get rid of the governor in it, and some easy things for faster acceleration. The governor kicks in at 105ish. Today a Mustang GT came up next to me on the highway and tried to show me up. I kept even from 70 until the governor kicked in then got a little upset. :mad:
Hope you can help. Just found this page by the way. I like it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to add that I removed that air restrictor from the air intake setup. Also I pulled one of the plug wires and there was oil on the boot. What causes this. It's under warranty, but the Dodge dealer in my town has a bunch of idiots working there so I have to spell everything out for them. It was only in the front plug on the drivers side. I figure there has to be some sort of o-ring around the plug hole that is probably leaking

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am originally from chicago area. I came up here for school. I live in Watertown. Between Milwaukee and Madison

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I emailed super chip and they said they had nothing for my car. Is there another chip company. I think they only went up to 95 or whenever it was they changed compression ratio :(

·
Registered
263 Posts
jnutz...

DON'T go to a Dodge dealer for service. Go to a CHRYSLER dealer. Trust me. All of the Dodge dealers here in the Chicago area are idiots. The Chrysler dealers make you feel welcome and gladly do warranty work on the car.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Well.... the dealer i go to... Major Dodge in Long Island City, NY (right outside of Manhattan).... they are actually part of a chain of Majors.... Major Chrysler/Jeep is down the block... and at least for me... i go to the same service station as the Chryslers and Jeeps go.

I don't know if thats good or bad... its a pretty big service station... (and very busy - you need an appointment for service of any kind).

DjPiLL
'01 Silver R/T

1 - 9 of 9 Posts