DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all....been in hiding as I've been playing Mr. Mom at home. *giggles* Quick and easy question....I've just scored BIG time as the father in-law is trading in his 'trep for a mazda...*shivers*....and is willing to trade his trep for ours and trade ours in. Both 'treps are 97 with the main difference being his is in immaculate shape where as mine is well....rough...the wipers recently went wacky, there's now an error code for the oxygen sensors, and both sub-frame bushings are pounded right out.
I'm going to be swapping parts like crazy tomorow, seeing as mine has new brakes, and stuff. The only difference between his 'trep and mine is his is a very base model. How hard would it be, and would it even be worth while to swap out the information centre from my car to his?? Also, I think from what I've seen using the search is that there should be a plug under the carpet for the power seats. Is it almost a guarantee that the plug will be there and if it isn't there, is there an easy way to wire in the power seat?? Any other thoughts on what might be worth swapping??

Thanx a million in advance....
Dan

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
As for swapping out the message center, the wiring should be there, but you will need to either:

A) cut a hole in the dash pad
B) swap the dash pads

in order to accomadate the message center, or you can be creative like me:

http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71388

The best way to check for the power seat wiring is to reach under the seat and see if you can feel a harness. MY 1995 was not prewired for power seats.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well.....after much fighting I managed to get the seat out and low and behold.......there's no harness for the power seat. There's a slit in the carpet....but I don't see the power seat harness. HOWEVER....there is a red and black wire in the loom that runs right past the trunk lift. Would it be safet to tap into that for the power seats?? Any thoughts on how to hook the seat up??
I'm just going to leave the information centre alone....after the little seat adventure and busting one of the front brackets.....I'm calling mercy...

Thanx in advance...
Dan

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Your best bet would be to tap in to the fuse box. There should allready be an opening for power seats. There was one on every Chrysler I've owned, from my 90 Acclaim to my old 87 Dodge K car.

Or you can just swap out the tracks and convert them to manual. That's what I'm doing with the leather seats I'm putting in the trep. I'm not too fond of power seats. Just one more thing to break.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any thoughts on which pin on which plug was for the power seats???

Thanx again.....I'm really surprised this hasen't been covered in another thread....I'm even more suprised that my Chilton manual doesn't have it...this is the type of information I'd expect to be missing from a Haynes manual...not a Chilton....

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Just to clarify. You did check good and well for that plug. When I searched for my power seat plug it was taped up on either where the center councel would be or by the drivers door. Might even be up by the bolts for the front. It has been awhile since I went fishing for it aso i can't remember exactly where it was. Just do some grabing around in there.

IF you don't happen to have it yet. I would try figuring out if that plugs into some where under the carpet. It may just happen to still have the wires for it in the harness going to one of the plugs. I have seen similar things like this. For example when i installed my LHS doors they had the little light on them. There was no plug in the part in the door but the wire for them ran up to the door plug. No idea for sure if this is true for the power seats but probably would be a good idea to look into it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts